jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What would you say to a person who maintain that h/she HAS NEVER FAILED in his/h

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What would you say to a person who maintain that h/she HAS NEVER FAILED in his/her life

and was ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL in every endeavor h/she undertook?  Yes, such people DO exist.  These are the same people who abhor making mistakes and failing, seeing such things as mortal transgressions. They are the ones who refuse to attempt anything unless they KNOW they will succeed.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12276176_f260.jpg

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I don't know anyone who says this, but if I did  I would say "Congratulations".

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know a couple of people who have said this. There are ACTUALLY people out there who NEVER failed in anything in their lives.

3. tajoo profile image81
    tajooposted 2 years ago

Hat's off to those people! But I do guess ups and downs make life more meaningful and grateful.

4. ronbergeron profile image85
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

Refusing to attempt anything unless success is assured is extremely limiting. They're missing out on a lot of excitement in life. I'd feel sorry for someone like that. I wouldn't want to always play it safe and not stretch myself.

I wonder why they're so afraid of attempting something that may be beyond their abilities? Maybe it would crush the artificially high opinion they have of themselves. Bumping into harsh realities can be uncomfortable, but it's also a learning experience.

working