jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone else noticed how impatience, lack of common courtesy @ manners satura

1. Peter Grujic profile image79
    Peter Grujicposted 2 years ago

Has anyone else noticed how impatience, lack of common courtesy @ manners saturates society?

I am in my thirties and have noticed that in the last 20 years how impatience has greatly increased (road rage, rudeness waiting in lines, etc.),-  lacking in manners and just plain selfishness and rudeness oozes throughout much of society. Is it reversible? Why the sudden change? Exponential increase in technology? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12639413_f260.jpg

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

We live in a me first/anything goes society.  Some say that teaching people that they are simply animals has caused them to behave more like animals.

Peter Grujicposted 2 years agoin reply to this

All so true- I find it sad, frustrating and irritating. I think some animals have better etiquette than some humans I have seen. Thanks for your insight.

3. RLWalker LM profile image76
    RLWalker LMposted 2 years ago

Technology has made more of life available to us. More cities, more friends, food, entertainment, work, services and trade. It has opened many doors but because these things do not ultimately satisfy us, it has resulted in a frenzy to experience, explore, perform and accumulate as much of what life has to offer as is possible. Inefficiencies in life like slow traffic has and always will be there but now it is as if there is more at stake and more to lose out on with the loss of a few minutes or an hour.

Peter Grujicposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I agree that technology gives us more opportunity to experience more things but I do not think it should come at the expense of respect we should maintain for each other. I appreciate your insight!

working