jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why am I banned for three days? I don't want to read the 10 or so possibilities.

1. Doug Cutler profile image80
    Doug Cutlerposted 2 years ago

Why am I banned for three days? I don't want to read the 10 or so possibilities. Exactly why?

2. RLWalker LM profile image76
    RLWalker LMposted 2 years ago

I asked the question whats your IQ and posted a link to an free, adfree and reliable online IQtest, and was banned for three days with a 10 or 20 point drop. I vented a little via email but got no response. But it if stops spam then just consider yourself a martyr for the greater cause.

Doug Cutlerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages answered my question about being banned. It was for name calling.
      Hopefully they also banned those that slandered me. A little too sensitive if you ask me.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12074855_f260.jpg

You have perhaps engaged in a personal attack or incessant bickering.  It was assumed that you previously had a 24 hour ban.  Well, progressive bans become more severe in nature.  First, there are 24 hour bans, then 3 day bans, it progresses to 7 days, eventually a month's ban, subsequently 3 months ban, and if you continue to violate forum's policy, you can be permabanned from the forums.  There are those who have been permabanned from the forums for continuing violations.  It is best to go to the Learning Center and familiarize yourself regarding forum policy.

I have been slandered and called all kinds of things. Those posters are still there. I didn't go reporting them. If that is how one gets banned. Or is there some one monitoring posts at times?? Some of those mentioned may have been banned too??

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

In order to be banned, SOMEONE either in the forums or just merely reading the post have to report what they perceived to be a violation of forum rules.  That is what the report capsule in the forum is for.  For answers, contact team&hubpages.

3. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If the thread you're posting in is getting a lot of reports, someone would be reading through the posts.  They don't ban for no reason, must've done something they deemed offensive.  You'll have to contact them directly to get an EXACT reason.

4. Doug Cutler profile image80

Aime(Aime F) I have contacted Hubpages and asked that they give me an exact reason instead of a bunch of possibilities. Also requested the name of the complainer. Is there any other way to know who and why they complained? Like a kangaroo court!

5. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

They WON'T give the name of the person. or people that reported.  That is anonymous; however, they WILL give the reason for your banning. Just read the bylaws of the forums so you WON'T be banned anymore. Each banning becomes MORE SEVERE.

working