Why Is Religion Forums A Place To Get Banned?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (67 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

I see so many of you guys bicker in this forum over religion that quite frankly, it's nuts. I mean, we're supposed to be a site of writers, but we act like babies just because someone chooses to believe in god or doesn't.  seriously, when will it end?  is this how you people react when somebody doesn't agree with you?  or if someone has a different view point that could potentially threaten yours?  seriously, in all these religious forums, NOBODY ever wins a debate as neither side is willing to at least LISTEN to the other.  if your not even willing to do that, then why even debate?  Just to reconfirm your own beliefs?  Or to slander those that contradict yours?  Quite frankly, it's a joke and it's an embarassment that you people act like children over this topic. Enough.

1. packerpack profile image59
      packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. Used to visit these form for sometime and comment there too but never used to force my opinion there. But as time progressed I saw these form turning into battle field instead of a place where people discuss philosophies of different believe and faith. I stopped visiting these form henceforth.
      And it would be interesting to see how people react here. I hope people do not start fighting here too on the pretext "How dare you question our right to fight!"

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i hope so too.  sadly, i have a feeling i'm going to get a lot of flak for this forum thread.  however, i'm sorry to hear about your experiences though in forums previously.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

since religious forums are still getting others banned, i figured i'd bump this up in an effort to get my message out there again.

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can lead a horse to water.

Walk away. It won't drink.

1. profile image0

yep, that's very true, but you still have to try though.

1. frogdropping profile image77
            frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which is exactly the attitude of those you talk of.

3. Eric Graudins profile image62
      Eric Graudinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quite frankly, this would have to be just about the most sensible post I've ever seen on these forums.

regards,
      Eric G.

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the poster is one among us; not an outsider

1. profile image0

okay, what do you mean by that?  hmm

1. profile image51

Please  read your original post; how do you think you are different than the other posters? Please

1. profile image0

oh that.  well for one, that post was written back way before i even started to participate in religious forums. 

second of all, i never said i was different from other posters. your the only person who claimed i made such a statement or even that i implied it, which i did not.

thirdly, i don't recall ever arguing with anyone in religious forums or attacking anyone's point of view on those forums.

finally, if your referring to the fact that i opened up a few religious forums recently myself, my only rationality for that is for fun.  you see, i watch a lot of movies that sometimes bring up interesting ideologies about religion itself, so i'll just ask forum questions for fun to see what everyone else says.  it's really not that much different from when i used to ask nothing but sex related forum questions, when i first arrived here. 

however, there are some forum questions that do seem outright offensive and there are people who seem to use religious forums for a way to reaffirm their own beliefs and attack others that don't.  Something I have never once done on any of the forums, as i respect other people's opinions.  the only time i get mad is if the person makes insinuations about my intelligence just for having a different opinion.  other than that, i could care less what a person believes.  it doesn't concern me anyway.  we'll all find out if there's a god or not once we're all dead anyway. anyone that says different is selling something.

1. profile image51

It is OK; I don't mind; we are just discussing things; sometimes we do make mistakes; it is but human

1. profile image0

that's true.  as a wise man once said, "to error is human."

1. profile image51

Thanks and regards

2. srwnson profile image61
    srwnsonposted 14 years ago

Let a man overcome anger by love, let him overcome evil by good; let him overcome the greedy by liberality, the liar by truth! Speak the truth, do not yield to anger; give, if thou art asked for little; by these three steps thou wilt go near the gods.

Dhammapada

3. Padrino profile image61
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

I don't understand it either. Why argue about things that you believe in, isn't believing enough? The other side argues that God does not exist, so why debate the absence of something? I'm sure the answer to that is "those Christians shouldn't be allowed to spread their hate unchecked!" The Christians side "those atheists need to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior!" In the end its just stupid.

1. profile image0

i agree with you.

2. profile image56
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see very little hate and name calling from christians, but I get a lot of I'm childish, foolish, ignorant and a lot more from the non-believers, I can get along with anyone, even the ones that believe differently, we should be able to discuss with each other without the belittling

4. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I for one do not often join the debate however if I feel that someone is being unjustly attacked or falsely accused of something I will point that out. Personally I do not care what anyone else believes as it has no bearing on what I believe. I do care when people say mean and nasty things to people that I respect.

1. Padrino profile image61
      Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But its ok to say mean and nasty things to people you don't respect? I don't think mean and nasty things should be said to anyone.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You would be very hard put to find someone that I do not respect but you are correct I worded my response poorly. I do not think it is ever good to be mean and nasty or at least almost never. Some people just don't hear what you are saying until it disintegrates to mean and nasty.

1. Padrino profile image61
          Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was pretty sure you didn't mean it the way it sounded.

1. Ohma profile image59

big_smile

1. tantrum profile image61
              tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you ! big_smile

Unfortunately for some, I'm the mean kind, sometimes ! big_smile

1. Ohma profile image59

Tantrum I can and will battle with the best of them if I feel it is important enough. I am finding though that the older I get the more unimportant some things are.

And I'm still a child !
                  lol

1. profile image0

lol. yeah, but your growing up quite nicely. wink lol

2. Hokey profile image59
                    Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not in that outfit! tongue

2. profile image0

yeah, i agree with you. i think the main problem is most people only hear what they want, and not everything that was actually said if you catch my drift.

1. Ohma profile image59

I know exactly what you mean.

2. Hokey profile image59

Yes. i believe you do and I have seen you do it. I have much respect for you. smile

1. Ohma profile image59

Thank-you Hokey

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

BUT I'M A CHILD !!!

lol

1. Hokey profile image59

Not in that        tongue

2. profile image0

really?  lol  well your certainly growing up quite nicely then.  wink lol

6. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Whether one believes in a religion or not,
    and whether one believes in rebirth or not,
    there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.

7. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Debate religion?
    Idiots only pls!

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You seem to have your fair share of posts in the religion forums.

lol
        He's being humble. Calling himself an idiot. !

1. profile image0

lol  at least he's being honest.  lol

lol lol lol

8. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

wow, surprisingly everyone is being civil about this.  im glad, as i was worried i get a lot of flak for it.

Yes! if you chose not to read someone's allusion to 'Idiotic' people being the only ones who  debate religion

1. profile image0

oh yeah, sorry, i must've missed that previous post.  sorry tantrum. i stand corrected. lol

9. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I Wonder...Hmmm...
    Where are"All the Usual Suspects"?

1. profile image0

lol be careful what you wish for.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who exactly are the "usual" suspects?

10. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Here I am! smile

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

You rang? smile

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

http://www.catholicleague.org/annual_reports/2003/images/flint.gif

13. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Just to prove I'm listening..

14. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

The drama and oversensitivities aren't limited to the religious forums though.

15. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out Stevennix

1. profile image0

oh your welcome. i figured this needed to be bumped up again in light of the religious forums stirring up trouble again for some hubbers.

16. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

People do get way, way, too personal when dicussing religion.  Why???  I don't know.  People get MEAN!  They exchange personalities all over the place, getting way off the topic at hand.

I don't know why that particular topic, even more than politics or sports, gets people so heated, and so small...

It's uncomfortable for visitors, I do know that.  Creating discomfort for visitors is probably a very good reason to get banned.  Think of that from the HubPages point of view.  They don't want people being chased away by adamant fundamentalists or adamant atheists.  Either one.

1. profile image0

yep, your absolutely right about that, as i don't think anyone could've put it better.

17. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

bumps

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)