jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

In 6 words, sum up the oldest child in the family?

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

In 6 words, sum up the oldest child in the family?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8686446_f260.jpg

2. shanmarie profile image78
    shanmarieposted 22 months ago

I am the oldest of my siblings. In general and from my own experiences, I would say they are leaders(or bossy, depending on how y see it LOL) determined, and nurtured, too. So three words are what immediately come to mind

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

Fortunate; visionary; blessed; aware, grateful; longing.

4. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9217774_f260.jpg

Overburdened, dethroned, unappreciated, overused, obligated, & martyred.  Not to mention discarded, enslaved, pressured, unhappy, omnipresent, & stressed.  Oldest children must be adults quickly & have a short childhood. They are blamed for what younger siblings DO. They are THERE for everyone else in the family but NO ONE is there for them.

1. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 22 months agoin reply to this

You left out 'unhappy' Grace. I once asked you if there is someone else with the same name. Purely because I once admired and appreciated you for your goodness. What's gone wrong? Do not give up, my Sweet Friend.

2. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I wasn't talking about myself.  I was talking about oldest children that I have associated with throughout my life.  The life of oldest children can be analogous to hell on earth.

3. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Ok, my Sweet. Apologies. Misunderstood.  I am an oldest  child, though. Ha ha. My sis came five years later. We were seven, and I started work at 15 to help out. I do not recall any probs though. We were small Islanders, and very sweet.

working