jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the meaning of life?

1. SeanPOBrien profile image60
    SeanPOBrienposted 19 months ago

What is the meaning of life?

To live it fully.

2. cheaptrick profile image72
    cheaptrickposted 19 months ago

To conduct consciousness;that is what we are designed to do:Consciousness=greater awareness=greater understanding=equilibrium=godhood=lol

3. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 19 months ago

Funny you should ask. I wrote a hub on this a while back.
    Search "the meaning and purpose of life" to find it.

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 19 months ago

There are so many paths the sign post at the forks of the road are so tall we cannot see its top rising into the heavens.

Thus, I have no real answer and perhaps is a good thing. Why? I feel a 'purpose' of life for some existential reasoning is to question life's meanings.

5. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13086457_f260.jpg

According to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. This Answer was first calculated by the supercomputer Deep Thought after seven and a half million years of thought. This shocking answer resulted in the construction of an even larger supercomputer, named Earth, which was tasked with determining what the question was in the first place.

of course:

H2G2 books never claim 42 is the meaning of life; it is "the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything". We don't know what that question is, so we don't know how 42 pertains to the meaning of life. –

6. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

To paraphrase Dr. Laura Schlessinger, science can tell us how, but only religion can tell us why unless we pick a reason that becomes a lifestyle choice we may endlessly change or need to defend.

working