jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why do all living things die?

1. Jason Ebunilo profile image41
    Jason Ebuniloposted 20 months ago

Why do all living things die?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 20 months ago

There are many answers to this question. I'll offer one answer out of the many. When cells replicate in a process we call 'protein synthesis,' over and over and over again - eventually the copies are not so wholesome as the ones before them. Errors in protein synthesis lead to organs not being so functional as they once were.

If one organ of the body becomes less efficient than it once was, this puts increased stress on other body organs. This leads to disease, and unchecked disease leads to mortality.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

Dr. Wesman Todd Shaw....or is it Professor?  I do believe you have exquisitely explained why all living things must die.....Do you answer all questions from birth to death and in between?  Because to tell the truth, I have a whole bunch of questions!!  Effer

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 20 months agoin reply to this

hahaha. May I interest you instead in an expensive guitar?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 20 months agoin reply to this

What would I do with it? I just bought a small guitar at a yard sale 2 hang in my celebrity room. That would be like a rec room w/ pics of Marilyn M, James Dean, Butch Cssidy & Sundance, Jim Carrey, a saxaphone, Movie posters & now my Gee-TAR

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

Planned obsolescence is part of many species, so that the older ones die off to make room for the ideally better evolved descendants.

5. profile image58
    frumpletonposted 19 months ago

Because if everyone lived forever and our planet didn't get larger, there wouldn't be any room for children.

working