Why are the 10 ways that small families are much happier & harmonious than large families in terms
of emotional, mental, psychological, & socioeconomic health? Analytical, logical, & educated answers please. All answers disparaging small families will be.......DELETED.
Ultimately I think the only logical answer is it really depends on the parents. If they have kids carelessly and are irresponsible and have poor parenting skills, it doesn't really matter if they're rich or poor, if they've got 1 or 10, it's going to be a hotbed of problems and unhappiness.
(1) There is more individualized attention paid to each family member.
(2) There is less stress in the family because there is less crowding.
(3) Couples have more time together.
(4) There is more discretionary income or for that matter, income beyond the rudiments.
(5) There are far opportunities to pursue educational & cultural goals.
(6) There is more personal space & privacy.
(7) There is more individualized time to develop one's unique talents & potentials.
(8) There is less infighting, game-playing, one-upmanship, & competition.
(9) There is MORE time to spend together.
(10) There is more equal parity between husband/father & wife/mother & brother/sister or child.
(11) There is an equal partnership between husband/father & wife/mother as both are educated & have careers. The husband/father doesn't have to assume all of the socioeconomic burdens like they do in large families.
(12) Children are more advanced intellectually as they interact primarily w/parents instead of w/siblings who are merely children themselves.
(13) Children are advanced academically because there are more individualized parent-child time.
by Grace Marguerite Williams10 days ago
Why are so many people from large families so defensive & go into attack mode when othersrightfully decry the former's abysmal socioeconomic & familial conditions of living on top of each other, constant...
by Grace Marguerite Williams18 months ago
In the United States, why IS there an UNDERLYING jealousy, even HATRED from those in largefamilies towards those in small families because the latter have lives full of educational & socioeconomic opportunities...
by H C Palting2 years ago
Do you believe that poorer and/or less educated people have more children whom they can't support?Do you know any ill effects to the child(ren) born to these families and society? If so, what are they?
by Nichol marie9 days ago
What is your Sterotype when you see a large family of 4 children or a small family of just 1 childDo u judge I dont judge on family size at all or those without children at all but I guesse this is a thing now
by Justamama5 years ago
Anyone here have a "large family"?What is considered large?I have ten.
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 weeks ago
According to an article from Business Insider, a study done by researchers Juhn & C. Andrew Zupann of Houston University along with Yona Rubinstein of the London School of Economics, children born into large...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.