jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How would you describe YOUR SUMMER?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 20 months ago

How would you describe YOUR SUMMER?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8562075_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 20 months ago

Quiet.
    I didn't go anywhere cool or do anything interesting ... just went to work, went home, went to work, went home. (shrugs)

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

Grace.....Your question is very timely for me at the moment.  Just yesterday I mentioned to some friends how shocked I am that we (WNY) are pretty much in our last truly "summer" month.  Once Sept & back to school arrives, our autumn season is beginning.
    This is just fine with me.  I'm not at all fond of the high temps & awful humidity.  That sort of weather seems to drain me of energy & unfortunately keeps me indoors more than out.
    I did manage to enjoy most of the summer.  As for social activities, there were more than usual.  I attended 3 weddings, 4 graduation parties, a few BBQ-S and my 50th Class reunion, which was very successful.  In fact, I'm going to a Retirement Party tomorrow evening for my cousin and am looking forward to it!
    As for completing some home projects, I have to fess up and admit I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked~~not yet anyway.  The truth is, I have a habit of setting my goals too high.  Apparently I insist I can still do what I did 30 or even 20 years ago.  Oops, that's not happening!  LOL.   It seems I'm big these days on longer "breaks" more often.  I no longer push myself or crack the whip!
    All in all, I have enjoyed this summer, although I feel it has gone by much too quickly/  We simply have no control over the passing of time.  Darn it!
    It just so happens though that Autumn is my very favorite season.  Fall and Spring actually are equally lovely here in this part of the country.  I feel energized & renewed during those months.  Winter time with all of the Holidays are nice of course but basically it's my happy choice to hibernate!.......Enjoy what's left of summer, Grace!  Peace, Paula

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12172653_f260.jpg

Very breezy & extremely fast.  Before I could really taste summer, it is now almost gone & it is now SEPTEMBER..........grhhhh...........

working