What makes you fall down to your knees with an exclaimation mark? With shocked s

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

What makes you fall down to your knees with an exclaimation mark? With shocked silence?

For some it maybe having a visceral reaction to a piece of artwork. For another it may be gazing up to the infinity of the moon and nightsky. What is Yours?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13216908_f260.jpg

2. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 17 months ago

I've seen a lot in my many years on this earth...You become a bit jaded over time so it takes more and more to affect you,to push you into the AWE state if you will...but there is one photograph which,to this very moment,brings me to my emotional knees just thinking about it;It is of a little three or four year old African girl knelt down,head on the ground,stomach bloated from starvation,on the verge of death...but I've seen more than my share of death so that isn't what broke me.
    What broke me was the large vulture waiting patiently for his next meal to arrive not 20 or 30 feet behind her.I've read that the National Geographic photographer who took that photo committed suicide a few months latter.I guess it brought him to his knees as well...

3. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 17 months ago

9/11 did exactly that to me. I am older these days and as 'cheaptrick' pointed out, it tends to take more because so many things happen these days that I seem to get a thicker skin every day.

working