jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Meeting Friends From the past?

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Meeting Friends From the past?

Have you ever been shocked at the change in physical appearance of someone you have not met for many years? I met one who I knew from school just recently and I was shocked at how she has let herself go. I'm no oil painting but I think I've tried to keep myself looking as presentable as possible. I found this really sad.

2. uczen profile image58
    uczenposted 6 years ago

I bet it is NOT nice feeling, but I was lucky because I met a few times my mates from the past and they are keeping up GREAT. Sometimes we meet together about once or twice a year.  I know it is not too much, but is cool and we have a good time to talk about old, good times.  And we share our present experience about life, family... Anyway, is good to have good friends.

Take care.

3. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

I've experienced the same situation when attending a school reunion.  I went to an all girls' school, but we were associated with a private boys' school in the area.  It wasn't the women who had changed (social pressures to look good maybe), but the men.  These guys all played Rugby Union and were incredibly fit, but some lifestyle choices had not been physically kind to them.  I did, however, stop and think of the choices that I had made - I'd taken up running and then through injury, cycling became my passion.  This, coupled with no children and time and financial resources to participate in sport and other activities, gave me a lifestyle that enabled me to maintain my health and physical appearance.

4. jhendor profile image81
    jhendorposted 6 years ago

well maybe she changed because she's got new friends that are not advising her.

5. Naomi's Banner profile image78
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

It is very shocking to see friends from the past.  You remember them as they were back then and wow how weird is that.  I don't recognize many of them.  I have had several people tell me I look exactly the same as I did in highschool. Now I know that is not true but it is nice to hear.

6. Loveslove profile image57
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

i recently met up with a group of friends from my younger days ( School / Youth Club etc)  .they all recognised me .I havnt changed much except for a few wrinkles...but I was embarrased to have to ask some of them who they were ...they looked so old !!

7. profile image55
    TajSinghposted 6 years ago

A lot of things can happen in years. I've seen this happen a few times.

8. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I felt the same as you when I went to my school reunion 4 years ago. Some people I recognised, but there was one man in particular that I didn't recognise. I actually thought at first that he must have been one of the teachers and not a former pupil. It was only when I got chatting to an old friend that I found out he was in our English class. He had been one of the most popular boys at school and was even the prom king. Either he'd had a lot of stress and worry in his life or he had just let himself go. He looked 62 instead of 42. His hair was grey and he had piled on the pounds. I'm no oil painting either, but I do try and look my best and take care of myself. I've put on some weight myself and have a few wrinkles, but hopefully still look my age (at the moment. Lol). I felt very sad when I saw Brian after 25 years.

9. Stone Gifts profile image58
    Stone Giftsposted 6 years ago

We all are getting old and unfortunately need to be ready to meet aging friends. As for presentable looking, it often depends on the concrete moment and situation...

10. OutsideTheLines profile image62
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I definitely have. There were people I knew in highschool and cant believe how much they have let themself go.

working