jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If there are aliens out there somewhere, should we be trying to make contact or

1. kerbev profile image70
    kerbevposted 17 months ago

If there are aliens out there somewhere, should we be trying to make contact or trying to avoid?

Even many scientists believe there is alien life out there somewhere, or there was, or whatever, but if there is, should we be trying to reach out to them or trying to hide from them?

2. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 17 months ago

We should be trying to make contact. You never know what we could learn from them. It would be so exciting!

3. CapCooL profile image92
    CapCooLposted 17 months ago

I agree that we should make contact, but I feel that we should watch the aliens for a while before we do. That way we can determine if they are hostile or not.

1. ptosis profile image71
      ptosisposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I think  they have been observing us for quite sometime for the same reason and that's why they ain't making contact! smile

4. profile image60
    peter565posted 17 months ago

I vote for avoid, remember when the European came to Americans and Africa? Not good news for the natives. Although it can still be good news, when the Asians reached America and Africa, they brought commerce, (although trade with America didn't last long, because they had little to offer the Asians, meaning it make little economic sense, for them to travel long distance to America to trade with them. However, they continue to trade with Africa, mostly due to the vast trade with the Arabs and Africa is just next door to Middle East.) But, untlimately...if the aliens are like the Asians arriving to America and Africa, it is good news, if they are like, European arriving to Africa and America...well it is better to be wrong and sorry, close our borders from letting any aliens come in. That is what I will say