jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

To analytical thinkers, what is MORE IMPORTANT.........WEALTH....or....LOVE? Log

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

To analytical thinkers, what is MORE IMPORTANT.........WEALTH....or....LOVE? Logical answers please.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12758111_f260.jpg

1. TessSchlesinger profile image94
      TessSchlesingerposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I don't think either of them are particularly inportant.

I think in place of wealth I would put information. Accurate information is the foundation of all wisdom. And wisdom is more important than either wealth or love.

In terms of love, I think acceptance is more important. Acceptance is the greater part of tolerance. One does not have to love something in order to be at peace with it, but one does have to accept it in order to be at peace with it.

1. Live to Learn profile image80
        Live to Learnposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Very nice answer.

2. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 17 months ago

It sometimes seems like wealth can buy love but love is a LOT more important than wealth. I have found the love of my life and that beats wealth anytime. I know too many people that have wealth but they are not happy with their wealth because they don't have love. Sorry, I am not an analytical thinker. I write from the heart.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image94
      TessSchlesingerposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thank you! for selecting me as best answer. smile

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 16 months agoin reply to this

You are quite welcome.

3. TessSchlesinger profile image94
    TessSchlesingerposted 17 months ago

In order to answer this question, I need to first look at what wealth and love provides to the individual.

Wealth provides safety, good food, clean water, a great deal of opportunity to travel, meet interesting people, live in a nice area in a fabulous house, wear nice clothing, and more.

Love doesn't provide any of that. Love cates to the feelings of the person. It makes the person feel good. Ironically the focus of love is not so much on loving as being loved. Thus the arguments and the unhappiness arise when an individual doesn't feel 'loved.' It is, of course, more than possible to love another and others without the need to be loved back. Rare, but neverthless, if it is really love, then it would not be necessary to be loved in return. True love loves without expectation of return.

Generally, when people are looking for love, they are looking for the feeling that makes them feel good, safe, excited, and more. It is all about feeling.

So what's more important?

I think it depends on the situation of the individual. When there is dire poverty, most would chose money. When people have sufficient income but they feel an emptiness within themselves, they will choose love.

For me, personally, I think money is more important. I don't have any deep need to be loved. I have a need for friendship and a need for rational company.

The answer to your question is that it depends on what the individual needs and/or wants in their life.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

GREAT answer indeed!!

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 17 months ago

Grace.....Quite the complex question.  And I say that because immediately I had several questions I would want to ask before offering an answer I'd be satisfied with.  There is so much in life that can have varying degrees of importance to us at particular stages/periods in our lives.  .....wealth & love being only 2.
    For the vast majority of ordinary common folks, it should be fairly clear to us that we hope for and search for "love."  While being aware of the financial side of existence and the necessary actions we need to take to ensure our abilities to live well, comfortable and engaged with the world, during youth, it's almost an after thought.  The reality is, being young & carefree, isn't exactly a recipe that encourages us to focus on our financial health, especially in terms of the "future.'  Yes, some young people, perhaps due to upbringing, example of family mindset, are  an exception.
    The light bulb becomes brighter as we grow , learn and change.  The concept of wealth becomes an interesting goal.  So much of our personalities are involved in how much"importance" we might place on wealth, to say nothing of lifestyle, dreams and desires.
    Having been very much in love and receiving love as well, there is no doubt it is a truly vital part of health, happiness and even success.  LOVE is all it is presented and believed to be, universally, by at least 98% of the human race.  Can there be much argument or denial of this fact?
    My response now is coming from an acknowledgement & awareness that I have always had love in my life~~all the varying forms and degrees of love....romantic, maternal, familial, etc.  I haven't always had wealth but it's a powerful incentive to aspire.  Ideally, we strive for both love and wealth, and then some.  In the most basic of hypothetical.... the genie from the bottle appears to offer me my "choice"  with a one-time wish, that cannot be changed once granted.....I know I would fight a really strong pull within, prodding me to choose wealth...(could this be attributed to my current age/stage in life?)   I ask because I also know in the end, I would choose love.  Something has always told me that in terms of regret....the risk of sorrow is greater with wealth...as opposed to love.
    This must be my honest answer, Grace, because I just wrote it down! Thanks for asking.  I just learned something about myself!
    Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season!...........Peace, Paula

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 17 months ago

Let's face it Love is complex. Firstly, it is abstract. It is studied within at least six disciplines:

** Biology inclusive of evolution
    ** Neuroscience - Brain structure, neurons, hormones, and etc.
    ** Social sciences - Psychology, sociology - cultures & societies, and social psychology
    ** World religions
    ** Spirituality like New Ageism
    ** Philosophy inclusive of Apologetics

Next, what of the love of money and wealth? Science says with Love a person will have the same bio-chemical actions affecting the brain for a person, object (Money), or a concept (Wealth). Does that say Love is more important? Let's look. Science says for Love there are three phases:

** Lust - testosterone or estrogens and neurotransmitters – dopamine, adrenalin, and vasopressin
    ** Attraction (Romantic phase / mate assessment) - neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) 
    ** Attachment (Bonding / Friendship) - Higher levels of oxytocin and vasopressin are released

So, we see those elements of Love explained by science is transitional. What does that mean regard money → wealth? Does that mean some people get stuck at Lust and spend vehemently wanting the rush of those chemicals like cocaine? In other words gambling empowers receiving those chemicals with new money.

What of attraction or falling in Love with money? Do those chemicals assist assessing the power and values of money and loss? Are the chemicals of bonding more gratifying and sustainable while not relinquishing it through the benefits of a long term relationship?

If that theory of science is true for Love, then we might say Love is more important.

6. profile image59
    Sal480posted 2 months ago

I have spent 57 years not knowing that I was an analytical thinker. Not being aware of this has caused problems in all my intimate relationships. Not having a formal education as most intellects do, I find myself looking for dates that although we think alike, they have far more money than I have and in turn aren't interested in someone that doesn't meet their financial requirements. This makes finding love more important to me than money.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 months ago

I think King Midas answered that.

working