This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is used to quickly and efficiently deliver files such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What advice will you give to someone who is undergoing depression?

1. Edmerlyn Geralde profile image75
    Edmerlyn Geraldeposted 16 months ago

What advice will you give to someone who is undergoing depression?

2. cheaptrick profile image71
    cheaptrickposted 16 months ago

As a young man I felt the avalanche of severe depression quite often;I don't anymore.
    I'm now in my late sixties so I cant say if I found the answer or just out grew depression...but I think the mind brings about depression as a way of getting the consciousness to recognize and deal with circumstances or beliefs that need to be resolved in the psyche;that's why our perception goes into slow motion when we get depressed.
    The fix (for me at least) has always been introspection.If you can overcome the fear (which most of us have) of introspection, the road to healing or wholeness becomes quite clear...Not 'easy',but clear none the less.I believe the key is to Simplify;always reduce your problems to their simplest expression...then you will feel the diminishing pain of healing rather than the destructive killing pain of depression;They Both end'One through healing,the other through self destruction...the choice remains ours.

3. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 16 months ago

If one had experienced depression and knew how to get out of it, it would be easier to give advices.

Don't think about it, don't worry doesn't help for the victims

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

If it is a chronic depression and thus medical, seek medical counseling and treatment.
    If it is a depression related to frustration at your life or feeling like you're failing right now, take steps to change your life for the better. Creating a plan a la Dave Ramsey to get out of crushing debt and reining in spending. Creating a plan to change jobs to one you like or doesn't have a 2 hour commute. Planning on how to rebuild health family relationships or learn how to work with your partner better or leaving an abusive one.

5. AF Mind profile image57
    AF Mindposted 16 months ago

I have an article on depression you may like.

6. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 16 months ago

I live alone and go through this now and then, but mostly in the winter when its not easy to get out. I call it the winter blues. It helps to talk about it or write about it. Anything worse than that probably should have professional opinions as to the treatment needed.

7. Edmerlyn Geralde profile image75
    Edmerlyn Geraldeposted 16 months ago

This question pops in my head cause i see lot's of youth engaging in suicide due to depression...yes we can say doctor's or professionals can help them...you might call me an idealist...but sometimes medication won't help...this case seems to deal with emotion and the feeling of being alone..as some suicidal notes had indicated...it's just disturbing that maybe some of our friends or relatives are suffering from it..that we are not aware of..maybe they just need someone to talk to even just 5 or 10 minutes..a word of encouragement.... smile sorry that was a random thought...

8. brutishspoon profile image69
    brutishspoonposted 15 months ago

Go out for walks in fresh air, try to eat healthy and don't be afraid to talk to people about it. It you find it hard to talk to friends or family then write your feelings in a diary, this worked wonders for me when I was going through a bad bout of depression in my late teens. The more you hold your feelings inside the worse they become so the best advice is to always tell someone how you feel, getting it off your chest is always the best way to start to bring yourself out of the depths of depression.

My story

http://hubpages.com/health/Coping-with- … al-Illness

9. Gyanendra Mocktan profile image81
    Gyanendra Mocktanposted 11 months ago

I would suggest him/her not to brood and waste time.  Help someone in need. And learn to listen to other people. Thank you

working