jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What makes children from small families emotionally, mentally & psychologically

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago

What makes children from small families emotionally, mentally & psychologically healthier than

children from large families?   What makes children from large families more harsher & cynical towards life? 

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12949014_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

In general, the firstborn gets the best food, best medical care, most attention. This is why firstborns in families of any size historically have higher IQs throughout history.
    Even when parents treat all children roughly equally (excluding when parents give boys better care than girls), the eldest children had more time without parents' attention even more divided, getting taken to a doctor when the fever is starting versus after days of 102 temperatures.

3. brutishspoon profile image67
    brutishspoonposted 14 months ago

This only works if it is a small family with 2 or possibly 3 children as an only child is in my experience an unhappy child. I am an only child and have suffered with depression from a young age, partly due to not having siblings to play with at home.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Amy, c'mon now.Only children aren't unhappy.That's a societal stereotype propagated by the sibling society. I want you to be an UNAPOLETIC ONLY CHILD.There's NOTHING WRONG w/ being an only child. If you're the oldest, you WOULDN'T HAVE A CHILDHOOD!

working