jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you had to make a choice what would you prefer- indifference or hate?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 10 months ago

If you had to make a choice what would you prefer- indifference or hate?

2. Mark Tulin profile image91
    Mark Tulinposted 10 months ago

Good question. Having a Buddhist bent, it might be healthy to be indifferent than to be hateful. I might live longer and be more emotionally stable, but wouldn't change very much or be motivated to support important causes. Obviously, if I had a choice, I wouldn't choose either one.

threekeysposted 10 months agoin reply to this

True, if one had a choice you wouldn't prefer either state of existence. If I understood you're response, indifference doesn't motivate one but hate does? Makes sense to me..

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 10 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13486815_f260.jpg

I'd go with indifference because it's peaceful and relaxing.
    Hate is self destructive and exhausting. It steals the joy out of one's life. (You) can't be happy if you harbor hate.
    Hate imprisons your thoughts and emotional being.
    In order to "move on" you have to "let go".

Hate is totally consuming and exhausting. Yes, when you have to move foward you either have to give in to what is or accept it. The Serenity Prayer comes to mind, here.

4. KsenijaZ profile image93
    KsenijaZposted 10 months ago

Indifference. It the end (well sooner) hate destroys you. It kills you every day. It eats you and becomes stronger, bigger. You can not function normally when hating someone. When indifferent you can somehow observe the situation 'from above', not involving personally. You can find a solution to resolve the problem and then maybe move on from that indifference.

Yes,I agree. When one is infected with hate, it takes away all peace of mind and makes you act in odd ways. Indifference can give you distance-an overview.And being on the receiving end of indifference is much colder yet safer.(than with hate)

5. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 10 months ago

I hope to never have to choose. To me indifference isn't much better then hate. There is no passion or thirst or caring if you are indifferent. I dispise the word hate and try to never use it.  Unless it's in reference to doing bad. They used to do labotomies on people and the vegetative state it put them in is what comes to mind when people talk about being indifferent.

I agree bottom line? Neither word is good in action. I can't believe they did labotomies on people regarding this. Very very scary.

working