jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

The Science of Hate: To know what Love is, is it necessary to experience the fli

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 19 months ago

The Science of Hate: To know what Love is, is it necessary to experience the flipside of the Coin?

Do you think learning about the Science of Hate would enable one to become more of a Hater? Or would it make you realize and welcome in more acts of love compassion and altruism?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13093402_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13093473_f260.jpg

I believe the opposite of love is "indifference".
    If someone hates you they're still (emotionally invested) or affected by you. Whenever someone no longer feels anything for you when they see you to the point of acting as if they never had any history with you as if you are a total stranger that is the opposite of being loved.
    It's been said there's a "thin line" between love and hate.
    However the distance between love and indifference is huge.
    Not caring about people or what happens to them is the opposite of love. Hate & love are tied to red hot passion. Indifference is COLD.
    I don't think studying emotions would effect one's emotion/feelings.

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Yes indifference is the worst. It is a coldness that tears right through you. With hate? There's still emotional heat.
      Coming back to indifference? The one who feels the less seems to be the one who is keen to puppeteer rather than "be" in it.

2. Ericdierker profile image55
      Ericdierkerposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Ya, I always thought that the opposite of love was general apathy toward something or one.

3. profile image59
      TheOneClonedposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Exactly what I was thinking.   Both love and hate require some level of caring.  Indifference does not.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

There is an adrenaline fight or flight response. Fear is the flight response. Hate is the "I want to kill you, you threat".

working