What career advantages that beautiful women have that their plainer & less attra

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 9 months ago

What career advantages that beautiful women have that their plainer & less attractive

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 9 months ago

Honestly I think it depends on what kind of career.

A career in the service industry will almost always favour attractive women. But when it comes to say, an engineering career, I'm not sure there is an advantage (there might even be a disadvantage). Being beautiful is still synonymous with not being as smart for some reason, and I think being attractive could actually hurt a woman trying to get a job that required a lot of intellect. Even if she was perfectly qualified I think the stereotype might shift it in the opposite direction and a less attractive woman who's equally as qualified might have the edge, because they're usually assumed to be more involved in academics.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 9 months ago

Most people enjoy being in the presence of extremely beautiful/handsome people. Although I'm not sure it would be a benefit in occupations such as being a surgeon, mortician, blue collar skills, chef, accountant, software engineer, actuary.....etc
    I do think it could be of help in marketing, sales, modeling, show business, public relations and the like. However if two people are "equally talented" in just about (any career) and one of them is much better looking odds are she or he will get the job.
    This is especially so if the position requires interfacing with clients or the public. Several years ago there was a "shock jock" radio talk show host in LA who said:
    "If a woman is beautiful enough some man will always be willing to pay her bills." However she has a short shelf life to hook a successful man and become a trophy wife.
    "If a woman is a (plain Jane) she needs to {hit the books hard} and establish a career."
    The U.S. in particular places a lot of emphasis on youthfulness and a toned body.
    Nevertheless if you view photos of women CEOs of Fortune 500 companies you won't mistake them for beauty contestants. Apparently at some point knowledge and skills are more important than physical attributes with most companies.