jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Who is the most important person in the world today?

1. dougwest1 profile image95
    dougwest1posted 6 months ago

Who is the most important person in the world today?

For those of you who have read my Hubs, I like to write about people who have changed the world. World leaders and scientists are the most important to me - maybe I have missed someone??. Is the most important person in the world today: Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, or Donald Duck? I'm curious.
    Thanks,
    Doug

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13720690_f260.jpg

2. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 6 months ago

You're talking to him : )

Seriously, Trump's a candidate. Commander in Chief of likely the greatest military on the planet constructs a strong argument that he's the most powerful.

That said, because of our checks and balances, he has less individual control than other world leaders. Still, if he can receive Congress's support (easier said than done), his power exceeds theirs.

3. Daniel Gottlob profile image79
    Daniel Gottlobposted 6 months ago

I would probably say Xi Jinping with the largest country by population and GDP. Also, a case could be made for Angela Merkel as chancellor of Germany and the defacto leader of the EU.

I think potentially a case could be made for Zuckerberg considering how prolific Facebook is and the growing number of people that get their news from it with over a billion people using the platform each day and over two billion using it each month.

1. dougwest1 profile image95
      dougwest1posted 6 months agoin reply to this

Daniel:
      I think you are right about Zuckerberg, he should at least be in the top ten since a significant portion of the world gets their news (real or fake) from Facebook.

working