jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is the greatest waste of human potential?

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 4 months ago

What is the greatest waste of human potential?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13740709_f260.jpg

2. The0NatureBoy profile image53
    The0NatureBoyposted 4 months ago

We human can not waste our potential, everything any one of us do is to bring us closer tour becoming a man again. We are in a classroom learning every potential possible, that which appears to be a waste is necessary for the person preforming it.

3. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 4 months ago

Apathy and intentional ignorance are two things I despise. I know it is not loving and so I carve out more exceptions to my rule than compliance.
    We have this wonderful Church, Temple, synagogue and Mosque culture in our world.
    But most just show up a day a week and give no earnest thought to the message of the "preacher". And then worse they just accept the rituals and message as though the "preacher" tells them how to think. This is why all my sermons are about asking questions. So many of the thousands a month that visit me somehow find our approach worthy.
    But we call it a sermon so that non-thinkers move on. Our reluctance to question knowledge is man's greatest battlefield.
    Taking a knee or any other kind of protest makes me think. Thank you much you horrible degenerates, you make me question and think. Burn my flag, stick a black gloved hand in the air, chain yourself to a power plant, shout nasty slogans, attack my values and I praise the Lord that you do make me think.
    I count my blessings. I teach my children and dare I say wife to question everything I say. It is the right way. Damn it is hard to bite my tongue.
    But those of us graced with intellect had better not abuse it by non-action.
    The greatest waste is a parent not allowing our children to call us on our BS.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image53
      The0NatureBoyposted 4 months agoin reply to this

But then, Eric, how would we maintain the programming of our youth to "blindly follow leaders" as the government is attempting to force us to do with "Common Core" being mandatory for schools? smile You don't want your child to be a blind follower?

2. Ericdierker profile image58
      Ericdierkerposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I don't think so friend. I was only programmed to think independently. Way into his eighties my dad challenged my norms. My mom never allowed for a thought box. Us Dierkers were taught to challenge. Common core is awesome. It is such a minimal base.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image53

When you think using judgmental adjectives you are not independently thinking, you are thinking within the limits believing in those adjectives allow. Independence thinks wholly about things, participate, reason with the outcomes and decides.

4. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 4 months ago

To have an adult not put their need for ego stroking over developing the need for their child to develop confidence within themselves so that they can build resilience to life and create the best possible life for their needs and wants, as well as still enjoy being a part of their parent's life.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image53

That would require parents to stop using judgmental adjectives themselves then encourage children to objectively observe, participate for different outcomes, Reasoning with them and learning to communicate their findings to others, but I agree.

working