INTRUSIVE

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12455329.jpg
    Why do some people w/children denigrate those who are childfree as unfulfilled & shallow, even morally inferior?  Why do these people maintain that everyone SHOULD have children as one can be only fulfilled in life by having children? Do childfree people THREATEN them THAT MUCH?  Did these people SUBCONSCIOUSLY regret the decision to have children & are taking out their repressed feelings on the childfree?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

Maybe we meet different people but I really don't have this problem. My friends who are having babies are having this amazing experience and I am happy to be a small part of it.  But they have never treated me as weird for not having, or planning to have either a romantic partner or children.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you psycheskinner for your response.

I knew a woman at work who constantly denigrated people who were childfree.  She actually tried to browbeat women who elected to be childfree.  When one of the childfree people explained that not everyone wants children & that people have relationships w/children via nieces & nephews, the woman insisted that the ONLY way to relate to children was to HAVE THEM.  She harangued almost everyone at work, NOT ME, on a continual basis, she believed that EVERYONE should have children & proclaimed this almost everyday. 

Then there is one in particular here who is of the same opinion-this person maintains that those who are childfree are "missing out on so much" & that something is "wrong" w/them. Although most of my friends & people who I associate w/are childfree, I have encountered people who are rabid pronatalists who believe that all people SHOULD have children & if they don't, they are lesser than.  Even my parents & relatives respected my choice to be childfree.  I told my parents in high school that I wasn't about to get married & have children.  Such a lifestyle would be DEATH to me.

working