Name some myths & stereotypes about the following:
(1) your particular ethnic or racial group
(2) your family background(family size, birth order)
(3) your socioeconomic group
(4) your hometown or city
(5) your religious, ethical, or spiritual belief
(6) your sociopolitical beliefs
(7) your gender
(8) your personality typology i.e. introversion or extroversion
This is interesting and is this a part of a research project you are doing?
One thing I will offer you about me is that coming from a traditional working class background, you were looked out for, only if you stayed in your place. It didnt and doesnt make sense to me.
Just curious about people. I love to just THINK.....& CREATE. I am just fecund w/creativity, WORK WITH ME HERE(laughter)!
5) I was raised by born-again Christians, and consider myself born-again. However, I do not go to church and I am not a Republican. I am pro-choice and pretty liberal in my political leanings. (The myths here is that all born-again Christians go to church, are Reblicans and are pro-life)
7) My gender is female. I am not one of the shy, retiring types who need a man to take care of her. I am strong in my own right. I have raised 2 children and supported 2 husbands. I was not raised to think I would need a man to take care of me. I was raised to think I would always have to work and take care of myself.
Oh, and I am from NJ, but I am not loud or crass and I do not swear a lot. (But I'm pretty good at it if I want to be)
Are these the types of things you are looking for?
by Real Life Stories5 years ago
What are the obvious comparisons between Born Again Christians & Extreme Muslims?Both sets of extremists abandon scientific evidence for wild faith, but are resolutely dogmatic, both don't believe in free thinking...
by Grace Marguerite Williams3 years ago
(6 or more children per household) in the postmodern, 21st century United States, being fully cognizant of the fact that they will be subjecting their children to an extremely rudimentary and primitive socioeconomic...
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 months ago
According to an article from Business Insider, a study done by researchers Juhn & C. Andrew Zupann of Houston University along with Yona Rubinstein of the London School of Economics, children born into large...
by Patrina11615 months ago
Why do born again christians still think they sin, when they don't?When a person becomes born again their nature change, we have God's nature. When we were born in sin we had the devils nature and we sinned just like he...
by thirdmillenium2 months ago
I am a staunch Christian and have met and talked with many a born again Christian. I had no nerve to ask them to their face if they continued sinning. Very forgettable and forgivable sins like say, a little gluttony:...
by ngureco8 years ago
Why Do Born-Again Christians Fear Death Which Is Doorway to Glory?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.