jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

What happened? The forecast for NY snow storm is now 12-20 inches...

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 6 weeks ago

How did they get this so wrong?
    With all the satellites and sensors and monitors...and meteorologists working day and night...
    You have to wonder why is this happening?
    How did they miss it by so much?
    We were told just a day ago that it was 6-8 inches...

Where are all the climate scientists?
    Please explain this one and how you are so sure about our climate 30 years from now...

1. Credence2 profile image81
      Credence2posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Well, Jack, I guess meteorology is not an exact science. We got 70s and 80s in the forecast in the forecast for Central Florida.  I will send you a little virtual sunshine

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 6 weeks ago

This is pretty basic stuff, Jack. You’re talking about weather. Climate is not weather and weather is not climate. Climate is climate and weather is weather. You see?

jackclee lmposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

I am an engineer scientist. I know the basic difference between weather and climate...more than you know.
      My question still stands...ask any climate scientist and they can’t answer the question.
      They just don’t know enough and yet they tell us they are positive the earth is in trouble in 30 years...

Here is the dirty secret. Behind the scene, they are pulling their hair out. They don’t understand why their models are so off target...
      Their model due to co2 increase concentration predict a warming over the last 15 years and next 30 years...they have missed their mark by a huge margin. If this trend continues, in a few more years, they will have to throw out all their models and start from scratch...

1. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Jack,  in order for that to happen, we would have to have climate change not be a political tool and for many climate scientists to be honest.  This isn't going to happen because people are people.  Here is an article that a scientist from NOAA admits to Congress he and colleagues intentionally manipulated data.  This is one of several stories on the subject.

https://science.house.gov/news/press-re … te-records

Has anyone heard of the falsified data from the University of East Anglia?

Yes, it was called climategate...and many in the media tried to dismiss it as nothing...move along...nothing to see here...
          It was huge - admission by climate scientists among themselves in private emails that was leaked by a whistleblower. In these discussions, they admit they are baffled by the lack of warming evidence despite the rise in CO2 levels.
          Also, they manipulated old temperature raw data to show a warming trend higher than it was. The famous hockey stick plot of temperature rise projections as shown by Al Gore in his award winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth... is example of propaganda.

2. Aime F profile image84
        Aime Fposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

And yet you still asked how scientists can predict climate changes if they can’t predict exact weather. These are quite obviously two different processes and two different things. *shrug* But I guess if you know more than I do I better just let you keep making your disingenuous comparisons. Have fun.

The question is meant to enlighten, it is one that does not expect an answer because they have no answers...

Regardless of weather or climate or volcano or tsunami or earthquakes...
          These are all natural events that are vastly complex.
          It is hubris for man to think we can affect these events. Yes we csn reduce our pollution of air and water and we can protect trees and animals...and conservation is a good thing. But tying it to climate change is a stretch...

working