jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Virginian elementary school sold kids in mach slave auction.

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

These are allegations.  I am not stating these things as fact but reporting what I saw on the news.

Koin Local 6 News in Oregon just reported that an elementary school teacher in Virginia was teaching kids about the Civil War.  She seperated the kids bringing the African American kids up to the front and sold them in a mach auction.  The kids were obviously embarassed and humiliated.

The school sent a letter of apology home to the kids, but they did not say what they were going to do with the teacher responsible for this.

What in the F****** Hell is going on in some peoples' minds?  I would absolutely sue that school without question if my kids were involved in any way with that.

What would you do, and what do you think about all of this?

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What do I think?

One, I think you mean mock auction. Two, the teacher is a moron.

Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So I can't spell.  Thank god I'm not an editor.

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

Terrible, some history should remain on the pages only. I'm sure the teacher was trying to make it alive for her students, but a very poor decision on her part. Students simply could never comprehend the humiliation, as I'm certain none of us could.

Whatever happened to having lesson plans approved and posted, and daily walk-throughs from an administrator?

It did happen, here's an article.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/edu … story.html

Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Someone had to have been sitting on her brains.  As far as lesson plans, I think they went out a long time ago with common sense.

working