What Is Inside Your Milk?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

Check out this article I found on Facebook. I checked out the article and it was definitely interesting to read.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033075_milk_ … ation.html

So, what's your take?

1. WoodsmensPost profile image62
      WoodsmensPostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not interested, if your worried about it simple don't drink it  lol

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you weren't interested, then what was your point in posting? Never mind, your response would be meaningless, just like your original post.

@Maddie- Yes, I know, I did read the article.

@Reality- lol lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In all fairness, Cags, I've seen you post on numerous threads of which you had no interest.. big_smile

As far as the article content, it's not surprising that they find the chemicals that they inject into the cattle to speed their growth, painkillers, etc. That has been a subject of concern for years. I generally stay away from any food which comes from a cow. I rarely eat beef and I drink organic soy milk, usually with cereal.

Actually, that statement would be untrue. If I posted, then it did have my interest in some way.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, the article says these hormones/chemicals are in human breast milk too.  So obviously we've already got 'em in our bodies from other sources.  Certainly the trace chemicals in a class of local organic milk (which is all we ever buy) are less harmful than eating a lot of processed foods that most people don't think twice about.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image65
      theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Happy to be a vegan. smile

2. Reality Bytes profile image76
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Cow's milk is for baby cows!

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65

Agree!

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I couldn't read the article as it is behind a pay wall.  if you could perhaps you could share how many of the substances were found in any one sample?  Because all 20 were found in total over all samples from all three species (including human).  Also at what levels? because we can now detect substances in amounts so minute they are actually harmless.  Not having access to the actual data I could tell if there was anything concerning there or not. I mean, most of the positives could have been from human milk which has no legal withdrawal time and which I, personally, don't consume. The babies that do consume it depend on their mother knowing what is safe to take when nursing.

Not sure what you mean?

As for the rest of your comment, I'm not sure. I just found the article interesting and wanted to share.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The article is reporting on a research paper that is behind a pay wall.

I suspect it is not interpreting that research correctly, but I have no way to determine that for sure.

Just based on the research abstract it seem that no sample actually contained all 20 substances, that the interpretation that it "could" is speculative at the very least.

I suspect the people who wrote the article may not have even read the research paper they are basing it on.

Okay, didn't know that. I only read the article.
          I guess that would be possible.
          Good point.
          Again, that's possible.

4. starme77 profile image78
    starme77posted 12 years ago

Like my uncle says  milk is for baby cows and thats my take on it too  dont drink the stuff

But do you also not eat it? (bread, custard, cookies, cheese (pizza), cheetos, canned tuna (yes, really), milk chocolate, scrambled eggs, pancakes, processed meat,butter, most margerines, ice cream etc etc).

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So should we be drinking human milk cool

The was a place that offered human breast milk ice cream for a brief time.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

roll
          I vaguely remember reading an article on someone trying to sell it.

I used some in my coffee years ago-( I was curious) and well feeding babe No 2.at the time....anyway seemed to be low fat wink

5. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

I do the same rebekah, Organic all the way, even my beef is range fed and no added additives, growth hormones or antibiotics. I never drink Milk, only Soya with my cereals as well. Milk should only be fed to calves from it's mother not for human consumption. Sooner drink goat mik if I was forced to drink Milk.

6. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I drink milk. I think it is a bit poisonous, like the air, every processed food including most bread, meat, eggs, vegetables, herbs, or anything else you put in your face.

In one test marijuana proved to be less harmful than milk.
    Milk was made for calves, eggs are meant to become chickens, most vegetables are only in existence through cross breeding inedible weeds and plant species. The inside of a modern home is a concoction of highly toxic chemical emissions from all the wonderful new fixtures and fittings, the oil you cook in becomes carcinogenic, the same happens if you use a wok without oil, the food become somewhat less carcinogenic if you flash it very quickly, bit it still ain't perfect.

Ya gotta die of somethin! lol

Interesting link by the way. smile

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I intend to die of spontaneous combustion.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if that could be achieved with an all-bean diet? smile

When the time comes I will consume a large meal of beans and soda, then read the religion sub-forum for 72-hours straight before lighting a large cigar.  That should do it.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65

lol You think you'd make it 72 whole hours?

2. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised no one else has come up with a viable way to go, the forums would def finish the job. smile

2. profile image0
        Sherlock221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I eat a lot of beans, yet have not combusted, although there is usually a gale force wind blowing through my home.  Even my cat Dennis spends most of his time out of doors in protest.

8. Larry Fields profile image67
    Larry Fieldsposted 12 years ago

There's no polite way to say this: I found the article to be mindless Scare-of-the-Month-Club tripe, with some scientific buzzwords thrown in to impress the Great Unwashed. Take the following quote:

"Traces of other drugs, such as lipid regulators, anti-seizures, beta-blockers, antibiotics and various hormones (such as ethinylestradiol and estrone) were found as well."

You could probably make a similar statement about water from any major river in the U.S. So what? There's an ancient saying that puts the whole thing into perspective:

1. "It's the dose that makes the poison."

There's no scientific way to determine an absolutely safe exposure level for the various pharmaceuticals that find their way into river water. Attempting to do so would require sample sizes involving billions of humans, and trillions of dollars. Instead, we attempt to make informed political decisions about these things. Here's an important consideration:

2. Environmental perfection can only be achieved at INFINITE cost.

The adult approach is to focus on the biggest risk factors, and to see what can be achieved at reasonable societal or individual cost. For example, if I were visiting China, I would totally avoid all dairy products there, even though I love butter. Crooked suppliers have been adding melamine to artificially boost the 'measured' protein content of dairy and other food products. Melamine-adulterated pet foods have caused some well-publicized animal deaths in the U.S. Here's the third noble truth:

3. Nothing is 100% risk-free.

Oh yeah, what about 100% pure natural water. I'm glad that you asked. Here's a thought-experiment: Parachute into the middle of Lake Michigan with no supplies of any kind, and wearing only a Speedo. Do you still think that water is 100% safe under all circumstances, and in all quantities?

In the case of milk, you need to balance the risks against the benefits. On the one hand, people with lactose intolerance and/or certain allergies will experience difficulties if they consume dairy products.

On the other hand, milk contains certain essential nutrients. If you're a vegetarian, and you don't take supplementary Vitamin B-12, you have two choices. First you can consume dairy products and/or eggs regularly.

Second, you can sign up for a Darwin Award, which you will receive after several miserable years of living with Pernicious Anemia. And it's no fair to sneak into McDonalds during a 'moment of weakness', when your Vegan buddies aren't looking.

Notwithstanding the 'evil' chemicals in milk, lacto-vegetarians tend to live longer than Vegans. Explain that fact.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)