- Entertainment and Media
Top 20 Reasons to Have Children
I don't have kids yet, but I do want to someday - and here are the top 20 reasons why:
- Babies are cute! Well... when they aren't crying... or pooping... or crying and pooping...
- Childbirth is a miracle. I mean, literally. I've seen it. Who knew a baby's head could squish like that?
- Babies smell good. Well... when they aren't pooping... or spitting up... or pooping and spitting up...
- We don't own a dishwasher and we need someone to do the dishes.
- So I can let them stay up late like I promised myself I would when I was 10 and my mom made me go to bed at 9 o' clock.
- I learned a lot of neat tricks as a babysitter and I often wonder if any of them work with your own children since the parents always seemed so amazed that their kids were asleep/ had cleaned up/ played outside, etc.
- No one needs to know that I'm going to be the one eating the cheaper kid's meal.
- I already carry around snacks in my oversized purse, add a diaper or two, a few wipes and it's good to go as a diaper bag.
- I've always wanted to use "because I said so" as justification.
- My husband doesn't like to mow the lawn and we need someone to mow the lawn.
- I want to solve the mystery of jam hands. Seriously, how do they keep their hands so sticky without anything sticky around??
- I need an excuse to buy the awesome kids toys they make these days.
- My grandma will finally stop bugging me about seeing grandchildren before she croaks (P.S. - she's healthy as a horse).
- I still want to prove to my dad that, "I hope you have kids just like you," wasn't a curse to an awesome kid like me.
- Once, in a psychology course, I read about little Albert and his developed fear of all things white and fluffy after an experiment that would be considered unethical by today's standards. I've always wanted to try something similar with my own kids, in which I trick them into believing that doing chores is a reward and vegetables are dessert. Then I could very easily be the best mom ever by rewarding them daily and allowing them to fill up on dessert.
- It's less awkward to ride the Dumbo ride at Disney World when you have a 3 year old with you. People give 25-year-olds weird looks...
- I need an excuse to institute "nap time" at my house.
- Growing up in a large family, the only recipes I know how to make involve large quantities of food and I really need some more mouths to feed.
- I want to compete with all the other parents. (Oh yeah? Well my son walked at 6 months and he was reading novels by 3 years old!)
- And lastly, in the words of my dear sister, "There are some tricks you just can't teach a puppy."
- Top 20 Reasons NOT to Have Children
Humorous Top 20 Reasons NOT to have children.
- Top MEDICAL Reasons to Have Children
Did you know that there are a host of MEDICAL BENEFITS to be gained by having children? Here are the Top Medical Reasons to Have Children - and the references to go with them!
- Top MEDICAL Reasons NOT to Have Children
There are indeed medical benefits to be gained by having children, but there are also MEDICAL RISKS that remain long after labor and delivery. Here are the Top Medical Reasons NOT to Have Children - and the references to go with them!