BennyTheWriter profile image 90

Music notation: how do you know WHEN to use WHAT accidentals (flats, sharps, naturals)?

In reference to this: http://hubpages.com/question/61634/can-you-name-the-notes-in-the-diminished-7th-chord-in-its-2nd-inversion-in-the-key-of-gb-major I'd just like to know why the double flats are needed. I never "got" this part of music theory, so if you could enhance my understanding about this I'd appreciate it. (I know that it's dictated by the key signature, but I still don't quite get how to determine which accidental is appropriate.) Are there any web resources that will be helpful?

Doc Snow profile image96

Doc Snow says

Aficionada profile image94

Aficionada says

daddyjb profile image61

daddyjb says

stratocarter profile image61

stratocarter says