jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite murder /mystery show?

1. moneyfairy profile image61
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

I love the british shows like Pie in the Sky and Rosemary and Thyme and Midsommer Murders and even Doc Martin sometimes smile
    My mom used to like Murder She Wrote and Matlock and Columbo.
    Just curious what your favorites are.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The library is so great for foreign films and foreign t.v. shows. Why pay netflix right ? when you can get dvd's at the library free!!!!!!

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

My most recent favorite is a BBC America show called "Ripper Street."  It was set in the time immediately after Jack the Ripper.  The show had a fantastic cast, but the first season was far too short, and I fear it may not come back.

Thanks Mowtown2chitown I'll have to see if the library has any copies. thanks for the tip!!!

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

I heard, last night on NPR, that "The Wire" and "True Detectives" were supposed to be awesome. I'll have to wait till they're on Netflix.

or check out your local library for Free Beth. They have all sorts of t.v. shows etc...

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The Wire might be there, but True Detectives has not come out yet, I don't believe.

Well I'll have to go check them out....thanks for the tip!!

4. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Gonna go with Monster. It's not so much a mystery in the sense of the killer's identity being unknown, but more like the killer's motive is largely unknown. And it's really tense. And it's really interesting. And it's one of my favorite shows of all time, let alone anime, and let alone murder/mystery series.

working