jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think the whole digital broadcasting thing is just a way for cable compan

1. glassvisage profile image89
    glassvisageposted 8 years ago

Do you think the whole digital broadcasting thing is just a way for cable companies to earn more money?

2. stendek profile image55
    stendekposted 8 years ago

Without a doubt. When Blu-Ray (whatever the Hell it is) becomes outdated something newer and more exciting will replace it. Still have my trusty vinyl record player. Satisfies my musical requirements. As does my small screen television. Peace.

3. pinktaxi profile image60
    pinktaxiposted 8 years ago

Digital TV has nothing to do with the cable companies, or any other subscription service. 

Television broadcasters are responsible for digital television, and its been around twenty years in development.  Digital TV, finally will give television-broadcasters - your local TV stations - the competitive-edge they need to compete with pay TV.

Digital TV was created for free TV. 

I just published an article about this and how digital TV (DTV) works.  Here is its link:
    "This FRIDAY: TIMES UP! Are You Ready For Digital TV?"
    http://hubpages.com/hub/this_friday_tim … digital_tv

4. Richard Hovey profile image64
    Richard Hoveyposted 8 years ago

Not in areas that don't have access to cable.  The majority of the UK appears to be cable free!  Our choices are traditional or satelite digital reception.  Signal quality is the selling point for me with digital - and it's free!  I am not looking for added cost extra choice services.

5. lindagoffigan profile image58
    lindagoffiganposted 8 years ago

The digital broadcasting business is not all about making more money.  Digital broadcasting that replaced analog was done to simplify the number of satelites that encircles the earth transmitting signals.  By having one method of broadcasting tht is digital instead of analog there is cleaer reception in picture quality and less collisions with the myriad of wireless communications.

working