How I can get more people to hear my music? I want to share it with the world!
Promote on Myspace. Try out for American Idol or AGT. Use Facebook. Try YouTube self promotion.
Well......it is very simple and at the same time very ........complex question.
First of all - it is very significant to realize :
* what's your objective / do you want to share your music by performing or selling CD's ,because it will influence or enhance peoples lifes? /
* your motivation / you would like to promote your music to make it popular or to.....be famous ; what is your priority: the music or yourself.../
There are other more or less important factors which would determine your steps such as: how significant is music in your live; what takes priority: composing or performing /maybe teaching if you teach /; how much time can you spend for promoting your music without neglecting your family etc.
In addition to major steps suggested by Nicole 20 you can consider:
* composing and recording more CD's
* CD Promotion Concert /mail postcards to.../
*arr. some pieces for synthesizer / are you familiar with interesting version of Clair de Lune by J M J? - your "Time Flies" would sound very good/
* publishing your pieces on sheet music and contact loco sheet music stores ; also arr some of them as duets
* starting loco piano competition /your pieces as repertoire/
It might include first students of teachers in your studio then grow year by year to much wider audiences
* Contacting stores like Borders / if they are in your state/ and Libraries then perform recital offering sheet music and CD's with autograph etc.
* visiting nursing homes or even hospitals / i am pretty sure , that you are aware of growing importance of musicotherapy in treating many different kind of patients .This might be very noble channel for you to perform and spread your music/ CD's / and at the same time offering help /it might also have nice influence on you as composer/
*consider advertising in Church bulletins or offer workshops on how to compose and perform contemporary music
* contacting music teachers in schools and perform there
uhhhhhmmmmmmm -- create a website? hmmmm. maybe that would be too simple? i dunno, but i suppose i always just kinda sorta thunk if a person was on the net, they might know that.
I like the fact you do music and hopefully i can help you!!!!
first thing first there are countless way now days to become heard but you have to promote yourself so you get the attention you deserve. many websites allow you to post your music look into that if you dont have stage fright perform for crowds, record your best work with mastering submit it to local radio station when they allow up&coming artist to showcase(if you will) talent........but remember the hard work will pay off if you are true to what you do.GOOD LUCK
Please read my hub on the subject. You'll be glad you did.
I tell you one music publisher that is one of a kind that will help you get heard by multiple people.
by Cagsil7 years ago
Hey Hubpages Staff,I've been a member for 15 months now and have been told countless times that "Share with Followers" is NOT to be used by the author of a hub.Then why is it that the FEED is loaded with...
by Ann Carr5 years ago
Should I, or should I not, join facebook?As a writer (though not one who depends on it for an income) I have been invited to join facebook a few times. I know, too , that it can increase a writer's range. ...
by H C Palting3 years ago
What do you think would happen if more people delayed or chose not to have children?It is a personal choice to have or not to have children. However, would there be mostly positive results or mostly negative results if...
by Ladybird338 years ago
Just wanted to know, have you ever deleted any of your non-performing hubs?
by JP Carlos4 years ago
Do you think the world has become more materialistic?
by Nathan Bernardo4 years ago
So, on the one hand, it is said you should promote Hubs on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+; and of course, don't get spam-tastic. Maybe use hashtags so the content is more easily found. The other option often...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.