jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favourite music band of all time?

1. Animosity Reborn profile image59
    Animosity Rebornposted 8 years ago

What is your favourite music band of all time?

2. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

I grew up loving the Beatles. Now I enjoy listening to Tenth Avenue North and Casting Crowns.

3. John Fracchia profile image54
    John Fracchiaposted 8 years ago

Without a doubt, The Beatles.  That said there's a whole lot of great music out there.  My personal Hall of Fame includes, the Kinks, Michael Penn and a great Australian band that most Americans have never heard of called, Cold Chisel.

4. EdG. profile image61
    EdG.posted 8 years ago

I can never get a fix on my favorite all time band. There are so many great bands out there and new music is emerging every day so it's hard to pin down.

Lately I've been listening to Eels and I can't get enough of them. However, some of my old favorite bands differ greatly from their style and I still enjoy all of them immensely.

5. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Ray Noble and Al Bowlly.  From a few years back.

6. Bo Heamyan profile image79
    Bo Heamyanposted 8 years ago

'The Doors'. A lot of music doesn't age well, especially from the 1960's, but all of the 'The Doors' stuff still sounds edgy , dangerous and relevant. Quality.

7. Creativologist profile image59
    Creativologistposted 7 years ago

Have a lot of faves like Genesis, Led Zeppilen, etc.  But sorry, on one comes close to the Beatles.  I'll admit that they came along just when I was most receptive to music in my adolescence.

But their music still stands the test.  While people like Chuck Berry and Elvis opened the doors to rock and roll, the Beatles perfected it and open up more doors for many bands that have come (and gone), and the eventual evolution of rock music.

The Beatles came into this country with incredible expectations.  And they more than met the challenge.

Not only did the Beatles do it musically, they changed us socially,  (long hair for example), politically, style-wise, and every other which way.  There may never be another band like the Beatles, although I certainly hope there will be.  The music world needs another one badly.

8. Jaynie2000 profile image92
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

The Dave Matthews Band. They are amazing. A great band with a social conscience. Their music is sexy, fun, and moving. Definitely not bubble gum pop. I love it!

9. profile image51
    watson mariaposted 5 years ago

My favorite music band is A-Side Soul Ltd.(www.a-sidesoul.com) and it is located in Glasgow and they are performing in weddings also. They are doing a good job and making wedding of the people successful by their wedding band.

10. profile image51
    Nadia Eggertposted 5 years ago

Recently I hired A-SIDE SOUL LTD band for my wedding and they delivered the best music.