jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

An Excellent Digital Camera?

1. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

An Excellent Digital Camera?

I want to start using pictures that I have taken instead of constantly using pics from the internet. Can you recommend an excellent Digital Camera. One you have used. Include brand and model. (as you know, what we read about in Ads are not necessarily what we get). Thanks

2. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

The basic choice will depend on price and what kind of pictures you plan to take and how heavy and bulky a camera you are willing to carry around. High end digital SLRs with interchangeable lenses get the best pictures, especially when the subject is not close and when lighting conditions are not ideal. I'm very pleased with the results with my Canon 40D (now superceded by the Canon 50D). Before that I used a Canon Rebel digital with good results. This is a less expensive SLR which will do almost everything that a 40D or 50D will do.

I don't have any experience with the small digital cameras. Many models are available. They produce good pictures as long as you are fairly close to the subject and they will fit in your pocket or purse. And they are much less expensive than the digital SLRs. I've been using Canon cameras for nearly 40 years and I've been satisfied with every one I've owned.

3. zar63 profile image55
    zar63posted 8 years ago

On the lower end of the spectrum, I would go with Fujifilm. I've put my lesser priced camera up against my sister's more expensive one and she walked away upset. If you are just wanting something for everyday use, try the FinePix S700, that's what I use. No, you don't get great zoom with it. But, you don't need a lot of experience with a camera to use it. It does have automatic settings or you can play around with the settings and see what you get.
    Truthfully, it depends mostly on what you want to take pictures of. How much money you are looking at spending on a camera. How much control you want you want. I have a couple of 35mm film cameras as well, but I'm faithful to my fujifilm. My first one I had for years finally bite the dust. I tried another brand, gave it away and went back to fujifilm.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

Digital single-lens-reflex cameras are becoming very popular.  Read this review and tips on choosing a dSLR camera. read more

working