jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Dance lessons for my 3 year old daughter in apple valley

1. profile image44
    AppleValleyMomposted 8 years ago

Dance lessons for my 3 year old daughter in apple valley

2. Rangerwife profile image56
    Rangerwifeposted 8 years ago

Check out your local YMCA.  A lot of them have great dance classes for kids.  When she gets older you may want to look into professional dance schools.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Three years old is far too young for any kind of serious dance lessons, so if you do find a class, make sure they're just skipping around and doing gentle movements.  At that age, she should just be playing at dancing.  The bones are extremely soft at that age, and any kind of extreme movement can cause deformities.

4. Pauladance.co.uk profile image60
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 8 years ago

Dance Lessons, a very gentle and simple approach at this stage, should prove an absolute joy to your little girl.  They will give her confidence - if she needs any - exercise, which she needs - and improve her physical stamina and 'control'.  She may well be one of those lucky ones who are naturally 'pliable', and dancing will help to retain this ability even indefinitely.  Do you dance yourself?  Do you watch gifted dancers, and think, oh, I WISH I could do that!  Well help your little girl to do it! So that in later years others will watch her, and say 'Oh..I wish I.....! 
    A good Teacher will know just how much to teach and encourage  her at this early age, what she should do or not do, in fact maybe only Music and Movment.  Your child can only benefit by taking lessons, if she is already showing aptitude and interest she may well have found her future right now!  She does however need guidance, as do you -so choose your teacher carefully - and you may well ensure your little girl a lifetime of very special ability and happiness.