jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Tiger woods says "Problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confess

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Tiger woods says "Problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions" do you agree?

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
    Jeffrey Nealposted 8 years ago

Absolutely.  This has become such a big story because a lot of people look up to Tiger, and perhaps they are disappointed that he is just a regular person capable of making mistakes.

Just because he happens to be famous for being one of the best in his sport doesn't mean that he owes the public anything more.  He has every right to keep his family life out of the public eye as much as he can.  Obviously some things are beyond one person's control, but he shouldn't have to speak publicly about anything if he chooses not to.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

Yes. The mainstream media are turning themselves in to something worse than the tabloids.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

absolutely NOT.....one has nothing to do with the general public!  He has only one wife.  Then again I guess some people must feel that they are married to Tiger Woods.  Being a public figure doesn't automatically make you role model of any kind!

Vonda G. Nelson

5. mglamorgan profile image70
    mglamorganposted 8 years ago

I agree. Everybody has personal/family problems and nobody else has anything to do with them. The media should be covering real news to give the audience information about what is going on in the world...not what problems celebrities have.

6. bonny2010 profile image69
    bonny2010posted 8 years ago

what happens in the home stays in the home - besides its their business and their problem don't each of us have enough of our own to take care of - anyway I never could stand confessions - if I am guilty and feel it than I try to fix it - I don't air it out to tickle some busybody's fancy.Anyway for anyone interested I wrote a hub on old Tiger - its a comedy - http://hubpages.com/hub/TigerWoodsGetsRoyalThumbsDown ----hope you don't mind stricklydating

7. NorthEast Timber profile image60
    NorthEast Timberposted 6 years ago

If a man has a problem he talks to his wife, if a boy has a problem he talks to everyone who will listen.

working