jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite movie review site?

1. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

What is your favorite movie review site?

I like Rotten Tomatoes. What are some of your favorite movie review sites?

2. TreasuresByBrenda profile image70
    TreasuresByBrendaposted 8 years ago

I like blu-ray.com and highdefdigest (for blu-ray movie reviews) and I also like the Movie Mom who writes for beliefnet.com.  It is not necessary to be a parent to enjoy the Movie Mom's reviews.  We used her reviews when our boys were younger and we still use them to see what Nell Minnow thinks of a movie (she rates them) and what might be in them that we might find objectionable.

3. profile image0
    the fixposted 7 years ago

I love Fandango.com! It is viewer/user generated so you get real people's opinions. I may look to see how they reviewed other movies that I had liked and if they give a similar response to what I thought, then I know that that person and I have the same taste.
    Another thing I like about Fandango, is that You can have your favorite movie theaters displayed when you sign in, so I know what's playing near me right away.

4. warrioRR profile image59
    warrioRRposted 7 years ago

Well IMDB.COM is the source
    you got reviews release dates etc etc

5. cafeatkathys profile image54
    cafeatkathysposted 7 years ago

my favourite movies this year are1) The Prince of Persia 2)The last Airbender 3) Leap Year 4) Julie and Julia

6. bogerk profile image69
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

I like Rotten Tomatoes as well, although, like any movie review site, it is extremely bias toward the artsy, oscar movies.

It would be nice if there were a separate ranking scale for dramas, action movies, comedies, kid movies, etc. Because to rank a Adam Sandler movie the same way you rank a French foreign film seems silly to me.

7. Don Ship profile image79
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB. Any one of them will do it for me!

8. Tinkerbell3 profile image53
    Tinkerbell3posted 7 years ago

Check out hubber Cogerson.  Not really a movie review, but a really cool calculator to rate actors and the movies they have done based on a mathematical formula.  Pretty cool.

9. filmchick1987 profile image75
    filmchick1987posted 7 years ago

Flickster is very helpful as it takes the critical & public reviews into account. I find it very well rounded and helpful.

10. theprojectb profile image57
    theprojectbposted 7 years ago

Usually I go on Blu-ray.com or IMDB, depends what format is available for the movie in question.

working