jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I am considering adding a movie review hub group, do you think it would get much

1. Bills Place profile image83
    Bills Placeposted 6 years ago

I am considering adding a movie review hub group, do you think it would get much traffic?

I like to watch movies and I was considering starting a series/group of movie review articles. It would be a mix between new and old movies from different genre's. I was curious if anyone thought movie reviews would bring in enough traffic to be worth doing?

Also If you were to read a movie review, what would you like to see in the review?

2. profile image0
    ctbrown7posted 6 years ago

Movie reviews are done by many writers online, so it can be done successfully, but you will need to find a niche.  Finding an angle on movie reviews that isn't currently being done could make a movie review hub group popular.

3. SPomposello profile image79
    SPomposelloposted 6 years ago

I've actually been running one of those for the past year, since I started. I agree with what ctbrown7 says in regards to finding a niche or different angle if possible. You will get a decent-steady amount of traffic once you have several reviews under your belt, get a few backlinks here and there, and a steady readership. It won't make you rich overnight but it does help.

Some of the reviews will be successful depending upon 1) the popularity of the movie and 2) your niche and how you structure your review.

4. innersmiff profile image72
    innersmiffposted 6 years ago

I do movie reviews but mostly for fun - I don't really have much invested in making money on here. I say go for it, but only if you enjoy it, and only write about the things that you enjoy. If it's forced, it stands out.

5. profile image59
    bluebayposted 6 years ago

yes, I would be interested in readingreviews of old and new movies.

6. KaisMom profile image83
    KaisMomposted 6 years ago

I'd love to have a hub on that subject. It would make for some lively debate!

7. DIYmyOmy profile image72
    DIYmyOmyposted 6 years ago

My movie reviews generate a fair share of traffic, bit the ones that do best fall into two categories: old, unusual or cult films, and just released movies.

So I'd say try to specialize in one genre, or else get out and see new movies before most people have done so.

working