jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you pay attention to movie reviews before seeing a movie?

1. ULinder profile image61
    ULinderposted 6 years ago

Do you pay attention to movie reviews before seeing a movie?

2. wkhigley profile image59
    wkhigleyposted 6 years ago

Not really. I'll watch trailers and listen to what other that I know people thought, but never really bother with reviews.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

4. smohr profile image61
    smohrposted 6 years ago

For me there have been tons of movies I've seen get bad reviews that I have loved! Then there are some that everyone raves about and I find to be extremely terrible. So I don't get too wrapped up in reviews cause I bet there are movies out there that people have told you were just stupid so you don't watch it, but it could turn out to be one of your favorite movies! lol I know I've missed out on some for that very reason, but to each his own smile

5. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

I prefer to be surprised.  I think movie trailers especially give away way too much of the plot.

6. gabrielthomas72 profile image76
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

Nope. I always go in to the film with a blank canvas. Everyone has a different interpretation of what they would like to see and how they would like to be entertained. Saying that, there are particular Critics who seem to think along the same lines as I do, so I will sometimes read there reviews, but will still make my own mind up.

7. emilybee profile image88
    emilybeeposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, like if it's a film that I'm debating seeing. But no, if it is a film I plan on seeing that I am really excited about. In the past, there's been lots of poorly rated films I have loved.

8. priley84 profile image94
    priley84posted 5 years ago

I like to read reviews for certain films to know what I'm getting myself into, but positive or negative, I never let the review dissuade me from seeing it. There have been some universally panned movies that I liked or loved, and some universally praised movies that I just couldn't stand.

9. mydreamhouse profile image60
    mydreamhouseposted 3 years ago

Sure, I actually look at ratings and reviews to decide if I should watch the movie or not. Just keep in mind that you should not look for detail reviews as it's gonna spoil your movie