jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Does it bug the crap out of you, like it does me, that many of your fellow hubbe

1. Stan Fletcher profile image72
    Stan Fletcherposted 8 years ago

Does it bug the crap out of you, like it does me, that many of your fellow hubbers can't spell?

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

It bothers me a lot. But that might just be because I am an English Education major. Still, browsers such as firefox have built in spell checkers. There is no reason for things to continue to be misspelled.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

One doesn't even have to be an English major to be bugged by all the misspellings.  Whether they are inadvertent, or in an attempt to be "kewl", there is no reason for more than occasional errors.

The fact that so many people are lazy, careless, or uneducated means that most of them are not going to make a dime with HubPages or anything else on the Internet or in real life.  That has put me a big step ahead.

4. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 8 years ago

Not only does misspelling bother me, so does incorrect grammar and slang.  Nothing puts me off reading something more than incorrect spelling or slang terms.  It shows me that the author is not diligent enough to make sure their work is the best it can be.  To me, it also shows a distinct lack of concern over the quality of their work.

If the work I'm reading is non-fiction, I immediately begin to suspect the veracity of the facts because I feel if they are that sloppy about spelling, grammar, and slang; then, their fact-finding skills are probably in the same class.

There was a time when writers had pride in their work.

5. GoGranny profile image77
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

My, oh my, does that drive me bonkers! I wish those submitting questions or writing hubs would realize that such spelling and composition errors kills their credibility. To be taken seriously writers must use loving care with their work!

6. wallacemd profile image58
    wallacemdposted 8 years ago

I agree totally its amazing that people do not even seem to read wot they type smile

1. profile image51
      yourdecisionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

like you here "wot they type."

7. Emmeaki profile image61
    Emmeakiposted 8 years ago

Yes! Why bother writing if you are not going to spell words correctly? We even have it easier nowadays because the computer checks the spelling for us!

And if you are going to write, please don't confuse "they're" and "there",  "you're" and ''your", "hear" and "here", etc. We learned the difference between those words in second grade.

8. profile image51
    yourdecisionposted 5 years ago

It's crazy isn't it.? Especially when they demand that you take them seriously. I have had people lecture me for my parenting philosophy, and they spelled the word "have" as "heva". For example "you heva to hwip kidds, because it's in the wholly buble". I can't help but laugh when I see things like this. And these people called me liberal simply because, I can't take them seriously. But why would I.? Why would I take someone who refers to the Bible, as buble, seriously.?