jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is American Idol Dead ?

1. Ronnue profile image54
    Ronnueposted 8 years ago

Is American Idol Dead ?

Is it me or is this season of AI lame? Paula's gone , Simon's leaving and seams as if he doesn't care any more. Ellen's just there and Kara's knows the ship is sinking and spends most of her time cozying up to  Simon! The contestants are TERRIBLE!!!!! None of them have that star quality of the previous years! Where's the Fantasia,Adam Lambert's, Carrie Underwood or Jenifer Hudson's? The judges doesn't make it any better by confusing these kids. One minute they tell them to be original and the next they say there doing to much! I give it one more year! What about you?

2. mintinfo profile image73
    mintinfoposted 8 years ago

As long as it is bringing in mega cash for the network it will survive. I agree about the judging. Randy is wishy washy, Ellen just follows the trend. She rambles too much and puts her foot in her mouth most of the time. Simon is giving most contestants a pass. He is definitely disenfranchised with the show. I'm sure the network is hard at work on a suitable replacement for him though.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Regardless, Ellen contributes more than Paula Abdul did.

I haven't been watching it this year.

4. KT Banks profile image60
    KT Banksposted 8 years ago

Oh, I hate to agree, but I feel the same way. I think some of it has to do with changing the original judges. Simon is bored to death, but it won't be the same w/o him.

The judges do give confusing advice. And I think they didn't let some of the right people through this season.

5. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 8 years ago

I hope so.

Actually, I've never watched it, but even as a casual observer, I can tell that the hype has died down and the trend is getting ready to end.