jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If I chug a soda after eating Pop Rocks will my stomach implode?

1. profile image48
    misfitsfanposted 8 years ago

If I chug a soda after eating Pop Rocks will my stomach implode?

2. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

No.  You might now ask if it will EXplode.  That I don't know.  Maybe depends on how fast you can belch (or fart?).

3. marcus1305 profile image53
    marcus1305posted 7 years ago

no that is a myth but its not true but if you eat a menthos and chug a soda your stomach will probably explode then.

4. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Nawh...I don't see that happening.  In the first place, implosion normally occur because something on the outside of the vessel or container creates such an external pressure thus the affected vessel or person in this case literally caves in from the imbalance between external and internal pressures.  No, I think you have a much greater chance of exploding from the build up of internal pressures that cannot be release fast enough.  This is a similar process to an occurrence I witnessed as a child in the south.  We had a tourist come in from New Jersey and stopped at one of the little local convenience store.  He bought a Moon Pie and walked out of the store eating it.  They never saw him again but they figure that since he was not drinking an RC Cola at the time that his ass probably went into total eclipse. So he is really out there but no one can see him.  Thanks. WB

5. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

It absolutely will and make sure you video it and put it on you tube so we can all watch. Thanks

working