jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What makes the stomach growl AFTER eating?

1. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

What makes the stomach growl AFTER eating?

I never had this happen before. It happened yesterday and again today. I just ate a good size bowl of pasta with sauce about 30 minutes ago and my stomach is growling and it feels like I haven't eaten in hours. It was not growling or anything prior to this. What could cause this? I feel as if I haven't eaten at all! Is this gas or something?

2. heatherleex profile image62
    heatherleexposted 5 years ago

It could be digestion!  It would make the most sense.

3. SteveWaugh1965 profile image59
    SteveWaugh1965posted 5 years ago

thats really strange wink I always thought that your stomach growled when you were hungry - not the other way around. I was always told that when your stomach growls it because its the lining of your stomach rubbing around together making that sound (ie. when your stomach is empty).

1. ii3rittles profile image83
      ii3rittlesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I never had it after but had it before so it don't make sense to me!

4. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Heatherleex is correct. It is digestion. Usually you should hear no noise from digestion but sometimes if you eat foods that are really gassy or that you are not used to it will happen. If this happens often it may be a sign of a digestive problem such as irritable bowel syndrome or diverticulitis.

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Well, I do believe that it might be the reaction of the food in your stomach. It had happened to me a while ago when I had taken my meal.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

My stomach growls like a tiger after I had a big meal especially when I am extremely hungry. I think the tummy is full of acidity and trying to digest the food. Sometimes, my tummy growls after I had a bowl of fruits too.

working