jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you choose which movies you are going to review?

1. meganclarke profile image54
    meganclarkeposted 7 years ago

How do you choose which movies you are going to review?

Can anyone choose moives for you to review?

2. stu-smith72 profile image56
    stu-smith72posted 7 years ago

Its up to you. To get the most hits you want to be reviewing new films that are either just out at the cinema or on DVD.
    Of course some films are easier and better to review than others. Your average comedys etc dont really offer much to write about in depth. If your going to be writing regularly then its fine to mix things up, review a multitude of films and have varying sized reviews.
    But if like me you dont write as often its best to choose either big event movies that many will be interested in, or simply films where you have lots to talk about. e.g Inception (plot, performances, Nolan as Director and the film generally on a technical level. lots more to say than with Cats and Dogs 2)

3. shaunclarke profile image55
    shaunclarkeposted 7 years ago

Sometimes people recommend them, other times my fiance does but most of the time I look at my vast DVD collection and pick a random one to review

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

If I watch it, I intend to review it smile. That said, I currently have about 300 movie reviews done and a backlog of some 500+ movies I haven't gotten to yet.

5. Suzi-Q profile image58
    Suzi-Qposted 7 years ago

If I watched a new movie and I really liked it I'l review it. Or if it's a movie I already know and I want to write about what I think about it I will.