jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Why do people on reality shows seem stupid?

1. jravity1 profile image67
    jravity1posted 4 years ago

Why do people on reality shows seem stupid?

Is it me or these people just go on and stand there with a derp look on there face. Why can't they seem to find intelligent people. Are there even intelligent people anywhere on tv.

2. KellyG05030 profile image72
    KellyG05030posted 4 years ago

I have to agree with you on this one.  I find I can't stomach watching a lot of reality shows any more because the people really seem to rub me the wrong way for one reason or another.  It bothers me that some of these people are called "stars" in the media because they're on reality television show.  What a shame it is to compare them with the "stars" who worked hard to bring us movies and/or shows we love.

jravity1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You mean like paris hilton, I know exactly what you are talking about. It just gets to me when I watch the shows, I want to yell through the tv. Its like a train wreck I can not take my eyes away.

2. KellyG05030 profile image72
      KellyG05030posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ha! Exactly!!

3. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Stupidity, sex, and drama sell. If you look at almost any reality show you will see a perfect mix of the three. They cast for these type personalities because it gets them good ratings. Their success goes to show this is what people want to watch.

That makes a lot of sense. I know thats the people I would choose.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 4 years ago

Probably the answer is easily found and very obvious.

That confused me a little. But thank you for the answer.

5. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

Maybe it's because the more intelligent people have the sense not to go on these shows. They have better things to do with their time!

That seems right to me.

6. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 4 years ago

a lot of reality shows are edited heavily by the networks to show the stuff that will generate the most ratings. Unfortunately, a majority of viewers like seeing drama and stupidity on tv and don't always want to see people on tv leading "normal" everyday lives

I like seeing both of those things. They are great.

7. Marcus99 profile image59
    Marcus99posted 4 years ago

Um, let's see....look Billy Bob thar's a cameera, act like a congressman, and dey'll tune in agin, huh?

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

get more viewers to watch this variety show, more advertisement, more money....

working