jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the worst Beatle song? Give a reason for your choice if you want.

1. The Barbecuehut profile image61
    The Barbecuehutposted 7 years ago

What is the worst Beatle song?
    Give a reason for your choice if you want.

2. profile image55
    Stuck in Orbitposted 7 years ago

I never liked Why Don't We Do It In The Road." Where? How? What would you do? Also, the song was written about two monkeys procreating. That seems quite inspiring, but the song is just repetition. Man, I just don't like that song...

3. GD Nunes profile image91
    GD Nunesposted 7 years ago

Revolution #9 from the White Album would get my vote, but some people would say that doesn't count because it isn't really a song, just a sound collage.

In that case, I would pick Blue Jay Way from Magical Mystery Tour. George Harrison wrote several wonderful, classic songs, such as Taxman, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Something, but Blue Jay Way is not one of them. It just plods along, the melody and lyrics are both uninspired and the arrangement is just weird (but not weird in a good way, like I Am The Walrus, for example).

4. The Barbecuehut profile image61
    The Barbecuehutposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the answers. Revolution #9 would get my vote.

I've asked the same question both online and offline and interestingly all of the answers have one thing in common in that they are all post Sgt Pepper.

5. adminassistant profile image51
    adminassistantposted 7 years ago

This is definitely a tough question.  I would have to say 'Help'.  I never really cared for that song.

I like 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', but the following lyric sort of ruins it for me...'I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping'.  WTF???  :-)

Rev#9 always scared me as a child!

I hope you get more answers, it would be interesting to hear other opinions on this!

6. Jon Green profile image91
    Jon Greenposted 6 years ago

You Know My Name - Look Up the number. It's got to be the worst!

working