jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What name did you give to your child, and what was the reason behind your choice

1. K. Burns Darling profile image83
    K. Burns Darlingposted 7 years ago

What name did you give to your child, and what was the reason behind your choice?

What was the driving force behind the name you gave to your child? Family name? Popular culture? Religious Reason?

2. pitzele profile image68
    pitzeleposted 7 years ago

My reasons behind the naming of most of my children was in memory of loved ones who had passed away.  A couple of them have extra names for religious reasons, and one has a name of one of our heroes.  But our kids have names in two languages, so we have more leeway than most people.

3. Stina Caxe profile image87
    Stina Caxeposted 7 years ago

My daughter is Addison after W. Addison St. in Chicago.  If she would have been a boy it would have been Ryne after Ryne Sandberg.  Her dad is a huge Cubs fan.

4. Perfect Shop Girl profile image39
    Perfect Shop Girlposted 7 years ago

Grace Olivia - both my nana and my husbands nana were named Nancy and Nancy means Grace.  For Olivia I loved it together.
    Anthony Samuel - grandfather is Anthony and if we named his first name Samuel with our last name it is the name of a local beer.
    Benjamin Lee - our other kids could say Ben (they are close in ages) and Lee because both myself and my husband's middle names start with Ls.

5. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

My daughter is ZoƩ (Greek) b/c it means 'daughter' and 'life'; my son is Chikere, which means 'God created' in Nigerian.

6. cpvr profile image62
    cpvrposted 7 years ago

I named my daughter her name because it reminded me of peace.

7. Slave2No1 profile image61
    Slave2No1posted 6 years ago

My oldest son was named after my father-in-law, mainly because his first-born son (my wife's brother) died, & she insisted on it, but his middle name was my choice; My maternal grandmother's maiden name, because no one else in the family had passed it down. My younger son got his middle name from his maternal grandmother's maiden name. His first name was simply one I happened to like and it wasn't that common. (My own was a bit too common, and my mother's maiden name was even more so: Jones. Besides, I never cared for the Jr. or 'Junior' idea and very glad my dad didn't pass down his to me that way: Elmer.)