jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is better, Rock or Club Beat?

1. MikeSyrSutton profile image66
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 7 years ago

What is better, Rock or Club Beat?

2. profile image49
    DGAINESposted 7 years ago

Music is a reflection of the soul. It is how I began writing at the age of fifteen. I focused on poetry, then evolved into spoken word. Nothing would prepare me for the harsh criticism that I would encounter during my senior year of high school. We were assigned an essay to focus on an 'epiphany,' that occurred to us during the course of that year. Barring no exceptions, I would craft a wily essay, chopped full of grammatical and spelling errors, which would circulate the faculty, and eventually find its fate into the hands of a school psychiatrist. The content focused on the 'dumbification' (let us pretend that this is a word) of our schools with full intent of the phantom establishment. Perhaps it was only sensational due to the threatening remark of an ever impending revolution, or perhaps it was because it was written shortly after the Columbine High School massacre of 1999. Nevertheless, this harsh criticism implanted an innate desire to become a great writer.

To directly answer your question, and only as a matter of opinion: rock and roll. My ignorance lies within the inability to produce musical beats, so I am approaching this from a lyrical perspective. Rock, particularly in the genre of punk, addresses the social and political horrors that society is afraid to speak out against due to consequences of backlash. Club music usually focuses on the moment, with the full intention of inciting various emotional responses. Society should never ignore the music, which probes the depth of the soul and mind.

3. ritche Benlog profile image53
    ritche Benlogposted 7 years ago

i go for club beats because it introduces us to the new genres and more music genres to come.

4. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

The club beat is "better," in my view, in that I see it as slightly more versatile. Club music, house music, downbeat, lounge have a fundamental sound nature, I guess you can call it, but this music can incorporate anything.

But you know, now that I think about it, it would be cool if there were some combo rock/club fusion bands. Would that even work or would it be too crazy?