jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think the rock stars from the 70's were better than the rock stars of 200

1. profile image54
    umar666posted 6 years ago

Do you think the rock stars from the 70's were better than the rock stars of 2000-2011?

2. Nicky Page profile image76
    Nicky Pageposted 6 years ago

Yes. I can't name any rock stars that truly stand out among each other. Back in the 70's, musicians required serious talent, and the 2000's, not so much.

3. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I'm biased of course having been a teen in the 1970's but I would say the 70's were better. I think for one thing, they were all very unique and had their own distinct style and look. You could turn the radio on and just by hearing it, you would know what singer/group it was because you recognised their style. Today, I'm sorry to say, they all look the same, sing the same, dance the same, dress the same, and many continually re-hash old classics, (and do it badly) rather than working hard on creating their own original music. Some 2000's rock stars are excellent singers, musicians and songwriters, but they are a minority and I would like to see them develop a bit more original style.

4. Alecia Murphy profile image79
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

To be honest, I don't think Rock Music exists in the same way as it did in the 1970s. And while I understand the argument for there not being enough creative artists in the industry, it's also a matter of who will sell records. That's nothing new.

But back to rock music, it's not the same. There aren't as many bands or groups, it's  more of a solo artists world which means the media and the record labels can focus on one group of people.

The term rock star has changed since sex is still prominent but it's used to sell records and not establish legends. Drugs are no longer in vogue and I think that all changed with the 1980s Drug Wars and AIDS outbreak.

I think Rock Stars are all interesting, but in terms of providing music, artistry, and character I would hands down pick the 1970s.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

without a doubt. 70's bands were what rock was all about. they lived and breathed the lifestyle. now a lot of bands are only about the money.

working