jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your favorite type of workout music?

1. LCDWriter profile image96
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite type of workout music?

Do you like to listen to music with vocals, instrumental?  Something with a beat?  Or do you listen to something else?

I met one person this week who said he listens to audio books while he runs.  What keeps you motivated?

2. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

Generally speaking something with a beat that's high tempo. House music is good for that. It depends on what exercise you're doing too and what stage you're at.

End of the workout I'll play some more chilled music while I stretch and cool down.

Vocals can work. Rap/Hip Hop is good when doing punching training or intense fast exercise. You feed off the energy.

Good for intense physical workout - DMX, Eminem or NYSAY
    For cool down - Joss Stone, Mariah Carey, chillout compilations
    For long periods of monotnous exercise - House music, David Guetta, 90s Dance.

My friend listens to audio books with a waterproof mp3 player when swimming to stop him getting bored!

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Always something with a beat, that's the most important factor. But usually there is some Lindsey Stirling music on, or Superchick. Something inspiring.

4. Jared Miles profile image88
    Jared Milesposted 4 years ago

I have a background in martial arts and weightlifting, so I enjoy music that empowers me quickly. Rap/Hip Hop serves this purpose, or something loud with a strong beat that I can work to. I also enjoy something with a meaningful or humorous message, because it engages me with the music more.

Like you, I've heard a guy who actually listen to audio books while he exercises, and he swears that it's more interesting than music. I've never tried it, but I can't imagine it would work for me. He seems to be pretty switched-on though, so it's something to consider for light exercise I suppose.

Wouldn't you agree? smile

working