jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do smiley faces make the world better?

1. kookoo88 profile image61
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

Do smiley faces make the world better?

I use smilies to show how I'm feeling.  Body language is a vital part of communication that can't be seen in text.  Adding a smiley helps to show what a person means in my opinion.

2. optimus grimlock profile image58
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

yes it does, if you put good in you get good out. A smile can be just enough to change somes ones day from bad to good!!1

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Yes, many people seem to immediately assume sarcasm when reading an online post. The smiley face is the standard indicator used to assure the reader that that is not the intention.

4. Lady Wordsmith profile image81
    Lady Wordsmithposted 7 years ago

I don't know whether smilies make the world a better place for everyone, but they do for me smile  I use them in replies to comments or questions, but I don't use them in hubs, because they don't usually seem appropriate.  I think it's good to practise expressing yourself without the aid of smilies, to find a way of writing the smile in there, if you know what I mean?  I think it can be done.  But I do like them, nonetheless, and I think they have their place. 

On the other hand, some people hate them and get rather vocal and angry about the use of them.  Each to their own is all I can say about that.  It's a matter of personal taste I suppose.

working