jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think the music you have on your mp3 player describes the type of person

1. katescottuk profile image56
    katescottukposted 7 years ago

Do you think the music you have on your mp3 player describes the type of person you are?

I was described the other day by a friend as a 'rock chick' due to the music I have on my mp3 player... They were right!  I listen to a lot of Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Aero Smith and Roxette. Are you what you listen to?

2. melpor profile image93
    melporposted 7 years ago

Yes, my music describes me as someone from the disco music era. Music from groups as such as Rick James, The Dells, The Stylistics, The Supremes, Kool & The Gang, Commodores, etc. I have mostly music from the 70s and 80s with a few current R & B music on my IPhone. I use to be a DJ for my fraternity back in the late 70s during my college days.

3. jtyler profile image59
    jtylerposted 7 years ago

I would say that it partially describes who you are.  People certainly are influenced by their music, especially if it has words.  I would say that it tells the person what kind of people influence them (artists/other 'rock dude' friends/etc).  This is true especially if the person only listens to one kind of music.  You can assume what some of the superficial qualities the person has are by their music, but you can't really judge that much under the surface about the person.

I listen to people such as Miles Davis and John Coltrane, I'm not sure how much that says about me.

That's my opinion anyway.

4. lindajot profile image72
    lindajotposted 7 years ago

I think it would be a pretty good indication.  Often we will have music on our players, or books on our shelves that would tell people a whole lot, but it may be a little secret to us.  When I was playing with my friends, she about died when I saw she had a ton of Barry Manilow music on hers.  I don't think he is a bad indication of anything, but she thinks people will laugh at her.

5. Rob Hanlon profile image61
    Rob Hanlonposted 7 years ago

Yes, very much so. The music you have on a 'personal' player has to define the person somehow ~ I guess I'm a 'Classic Rock' :-)

6. PFrutuosa profile image57
    PFrutuosaposted 7 years ago

For sure... music is a reflection of ourselves!!!

7. dragonlady1967 profile image84
    dragonlady1967posted 7 years ago

What a fun question.  I'd say yes.  When you pick music out to download, it's choices you like.  So it would most definately describe your personality.  It's an expression of you, just like decorating your house/apartment is.  You wouldn't fill your humble abode with things you hate.  Or paint your walls with colors that don't express who you are.  I like everything from Classical to Heavy Metal.  Music is such a fun expression and changes with your moods.

8. profile image0
    Courtney K.posted 7 years ago

I believe my music represents my present self and who i want to be. Sometimes when i'm sad I might listen to a slow song by Adele or Ingrid Michaelson. And when I want to be happy I listen to the Radio Dept. or something upbeat

9. m920621m profile image78
    m920621mposted 7 years ago

I think so. I have numbers of different song styles on my phone and I think they very precisely reflect my eclectic lifestyle.

10. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

Somewhat....I have everything from Adam de la Halle to Harry connick to Kokomo Arnold to classic rock to alternative to screamo to gangster rap and trip hop. lol I like to be well rounded in my music and havent heard anything that I dont like as of yet. Not sure what that says about me...lol